ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final checks before PEO appointment, need advice please.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pied_piper

Final checks before PEO appointment, need advice please.

Post by pied_piper » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi forum members,

I have PEO appointment at Solihull on 15th of November. I wonder if you kind souls can have a cursory look at my docs and identify any issues in the list of documents I am planning to submit.

First EC: 07-12-2007
Entered : 13-12-2007
HSMP converted to Tier1G + FLR granted: 13-10-2009
PEO appointment booked: 15/11/2012

Number of applicants: 2 (child excluded)

Main Documents:
- One set-O application form (covering main and dependant both)
- Passports ( main + dependant)
- 2 photographs for main applicant and dependant each
- 12 bank statements (Oct 11 - Sept 12 both inclusive)
- 12 salary slips
- HSMP approval letter
- Tier-1G approval letter
- LIUK pass letters (main+dependant)
- Cover letter
- Absence sheet (108 absences total with one stamp missing)
- Photocopies of everything apart from the random mail in
supplementary docs

Cohab documents:
joint names
- Marriage certificate - both names
- Birth certificate of the child - both names
- School admission letter for the child - both names
- NHS cards for husband, wife and child

- Council tax bills - joint names
- Tenancy agreement + recent letter from the letting agent - join
names

individual names
- Electoral office ( certificate of residency) - individual names (last
two years)
- bank statements ( dependant) last two years
- salary slips (dependant, showing address) last two years

Supplementary docs (to be provided if asked by CW):
- P60s for last 5 years
- Letter from the employer
- Original degree
- NARIC letter etc.
- lots of mail received during last two years for both of us

Any positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

reachren
Newly Registered

Post by reachren » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi pied_piper,

The list looks fine to me. Make sure you write full names on back of each photographs.

Also make sure you give only the documents asked for(they will start with pasports and Application form), especially co hab. For cohab start with Tenancy docs, council tax.... etc . I got my ILR from solihull and the case worker was happy just with our Tenancy agreement.
Give photocopies as and when you give originals.
Good luck for your ILR and share your experience here.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:52 pm

reachren wrote:Hi pied_piper,

The list looks fine to me. Make sure you write full names on back of each photographs.

Also make sure you give only the documents asked for(they will start with pasports and Application form), especially co hab. For cohab start with Tenancy docs, council tax.... etc . I got my ILR from solihull and the case worker was happy just with our Tenancy agreement.
Give photocopies as and when you give originals.
Good luck for your ILR and share your experience here.
Thanks a lot reachren. Good points, I will take care of them.

I would appreciate any further comments regarding this :)

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Re: Final checks before PEO appointment, need advice please.

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 pm

pied_piper wrote: - Absence sheet (108 absences total with one stamp missing)
Sounds good to to me. Why you are including covering letter. It itsomething with one stamp missing or anything else.

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi, pied_piper. Are you going to bring any backup for the missing stamp, or do you not think that the CW will question it? I also have missing stamps in my passport.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't highlight the issue of the missing stamp on the cover letter at all. I have only left a blank space in the absence sheet for it.

The cover letter is there in case, the CW asks me to drop all the documents with him/her while s/he would examine the docs in my absence as is the case with some other cases, I read here.

I have read multiple posts on the forum about missing stamps. What I understand about this issue is as long as the passport pages are intact, it is not the fault of the applicant and the onus is on HO to disprove the claim of the applicant.

In case, the CW is adamant about it, the only thing to backup my claim is the salary slip on/around that time to show that I did come back to UK reasonably early. Given that my other absences are 108 days in total, it should not be a problem, I hope.
somemightsay wrote:Hi, pied_piper. Are you going to bring any backup for the missing stamp, or do you not think that the CW will question it? I also have missing stamps in my passport.
I see a large number of your posts have been regarding the missing stamps. How many stamps have you missing. Whats your opinion regarding this by the way.

One more thing, the same stamp is missing from both the main and dependent applicant's passports when we came back from a holiday in France and landed at the Gatwick airport. Probably, the immigration officer made the same mistake for both passports.
Last edited by pied_piper on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 pm

arifahmmed wrote:
Sounds good to to me. Why you are including covering letter. It itsomething with one stamp missing or anything else.
arifahmmad, do you think I should mention this on the cover letter. If I do so, I am concerned I might be digging a hole for myself. Whats your opinion.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Overall you applipak looks good.
good luck
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

tahirabdullah
Newly Registered

Post by tahirabdullah » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 am

hi, good luck a quick question are you applying on points based system?

Asking above question as it looks like rules should be same for me as you. i checked the forum and form guide and what i understood is i have to score 75 points. below are my details

HSMP Visa Issue date : 24th Jan 2008
Uk entry date : 16th Feb 2008, within 28 days of visa issuance
Tier1 Extension : 24th Jan 2010

can you please confirm.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 am

pied_piper wrote:
arifahmmed wrote:
arifahmmad, do you think I should mention this on the cover letter. If I do so, I am concerned I might be digging a hole for myself. Whats your opinion.

I understand your mind situation specially in this moment because I am going to face 24 hour before than yours. If I were you then I would do the same like you (not mention anything about that). CW might have all entry exit history of yours. You might not be asked any question about that. Also if CW asked about the missing stamp you know the answer and have supporting documents ( pay slips). You can Just make a list of your entry exit dates and days and keep it in with other file in case of you need it during explaining absences to CW.

I am not giving any cover letter instead I made mainly two file with plastic wallets where first one is main file inside:

1. Pay slips 12 month
2. 12 months Salary summarise with heading employer name, address.
3. Bank statements 12 months (Highlighted all salary by yellow highlighter)
4. Employer letter. ( My work place ownership changed and pay slips changed thats information is on letter)
5. One Child birth certificate ( born in uk)
6. LIUK certificate for me and wife
7. All photocopies of above.
8. All passport photo copies.

Another file with Chab documents.

If CW say to give him/ her all documents then I will hand over only main file and ask to choose what cohab documets from available I have.

All other documents I kept another file just if needed.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:37 am

arifahmmed wrote:
pied_piper wrote:
arifahmmed wrote:

I understand your mind situation specially in this moment because I am going to face 24 hour before than yours. If I were you then I would do the same like you (not mention anything about that). CW might have all entry exit history of yours. You might not be asked any question about that. Also if CW asked about the missing stamp you know the answer and have supporting documents ( pay slips). You can Just make a list of your entry exit dates and days and keep it in with other file in case of you need it during explaining absences to CW.

I am not giving any cover letter instead I made mainly two file with plastic wallets where first one is main file inside:

1. Pay slips 12 month
2. 12 months Salary summarise with heading employer name, address.
3. Bank statements 12 months (Highlighted all salary by yellow highlighter)
4. Employer letter. ( My work place ownership changed and pay slips changed thats information is on letter)
5. One Child birth certificate ( born in uk)
6. LIUK certificate for me and wife
7. All photocopies of above.
8. All passport photo copies.

Another file with Chab documents.

If CW say to give him/ her all documents then I will hand over only main file and ask to choose what cohab documets from available I have.

All other documents I kept another file just if needed.
Very good suggestion, I will stick to it :) Thanks arifahmmed, you have been a great help once again.

All the best of luck for your application :)

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 am

@pied_piper, My situation is like you. May I have your cover letter to see what to write on it? pls e-mail me.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:39 am

Somudro wrote:@pied_piper, My situation is like you. May I have your cover letter to see what to write on it? pls e-mail me.
I plan to share my absence sheet, cover letter etc. on the forum after I am done with my ILR application with a positive outcome hopefully, just a bit tight in terms of time at the moment. I hope it wont be too late for you.

tahirabdullah
Newly Registered

Post by tahirabdullah » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 am

hi, as asked before can you please confirm if you are applying on points based system?

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am

tahirabdullah wrote:hi, as asked before can you please confirm if you are applying on points based system?
yes tahirabdullah, I am applying on point based system, Tier1-General.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi pied-piper,

I dont quite understand why you need the following documents:

1) Cover letter - since this is an in-person appointment
2) Letter from employer - since you are applying in Tier-1 general category, I do not think this is needed
3) Absence sheet - there is space in the application form for putting in all the absences, why the separate sheet?

Its good to be safe I know, just curious as my case is quite similar to yours.
Challenges make life worth it!

tahirabdullah
Newly Registered

Post by tahirabdullah » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks pied_piper, it was something understood, just wanted to make sure my understanding is correct.

Goodluck.... please update on your success and experience

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi pied-piper,

1) Cover letter - since this is an in-person appointment Yes, You do not need any unless any special/ different issue with your case
2) Letter from employer - since you are applying in Tier-1 general category, I do not think this is needed Yes, but same as before if any issue like payment different than pay slips, my case wonnership changed.3) Absence sheet - there is space in the application form for putting in all the absences, why the separate sheet? Just to divert CW attention :lol:

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 pm

2) Letter from employer - since you are applying in Tier-1 general category, I do not think this is needed
3) Absence sheet - there is space in the application form for putting in all the absences, why the separate sheet?

I don't think it is a big deal taking these docs with you if you have them. While I was not asked Cover Letter, the first thing CW that treated my case asked was Letter from my Employer. Even though I thought that was not supposed to be needed, having it meant my case was decided very quickly.

Remember that different PEOs have varying expectations. So best you have more than enough!!!

Kind regards
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks for the answers arifahmmed.

I am trying to come up with a list of minimal documents I need in my case. My case is quite straight forward, 2 years HSMP from Jan 2008 - Jan 2010, followed by 3 years Tier-1 (general), from 2010 - 2013. No missing payslips or any such issue.

110 days absence all personal, no business visits.

Not sure if I should plan for the above 3 documents and carry them anyways, hence trying to get some inputs on their importance.

Regards

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks for the inputs Adojay!

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 pm

InUkOnHsmp:Since absebces les than 180days you will be fine. However Just keep evidence you have paid those days as holiday payment or just paid. However you will be fine.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks Arifahmmed and Adojay. Will come back for your advice on my documents and some queries on the form in a weeks or so time.

Regards

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm

In case, the CW asks me to leave all the docs, cover letter would be a good summary what was my immigration history and what I have included with the application form.
You are right about this. But I have found recent posts about this and I guess it is better to produce the letter promptly instead of arguing with the CW specially when all it takes to get a letter is an email to your employer's HR, at least that's the case with me.
Absence sheet, template available as a sticky on the forum, not only contains the entry exit dates but also the page numbers on the relevant passports. I have these stamps scattered on three passports. I plan to keep the absence sheet with me to cross refer the entry exit dates only if CW asks for some particular stamp etc.

p.s. I intend to use these documents only as supplementary docs only if asked or needed.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi pied_piper I am agree with you as besides all our discissions it is always better to prepare finally with own plan.