ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIUK Test-- plz help--- urgent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pure desire

LIUK Test-- plz help--- urgent

Post by pure desire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:30 am

Hi all

I have a query. I recently took my LIUK Test . but i just noticed that on that it came as surname -- as my surname and in other names -- as my first name but my middle name is not in that certificate ???

I was wondering if some one else have experienced the same thing and does it make any diff ?? or some one knows if i can amend that certificate or should i have to do it again ?

Plz help :!: :!:

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 am

Shouldn't be a problem.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

priya26

Post by priya26 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 am

My husband had the same problem. While booking the test , he had mistakenly put his name as surname and surname as his name. He realized only 2 days before the test.

He cancelled the test ( lost the test fee ) and gave it again next week filling in the correct name and surnames.

I personally don't think it's worth taking the risk.

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 am

Did u experience the same thing ?or any one else experienced the same thing ?

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 am

priya26 wrote:My husband had the same problem. While booking the test , he had mistakenly put his name as surname and surname as his name. He realized only 2 days before the test.

He cancelled the test ( lost the test fee ) and gave it again next week filling in the correct name and surnames.

in my case name and surname r right its just my middle name is not on the certificate and im sure when i filed up the application i did mention the middle name there ....... any comments

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 am

pure desire wrote:
priya26 wrote:My husband had the same problem. While booking the test , he had mistakenly put his name as surname and surname as his name. He realized only 2 days before the test.

in my case name and surname r right its just my middle name is not on the certificate and im sure when i filed up the application i did mention the middle name there ....... any comments
CW cannot deny you ilr because your middle name is missing. The correct first and last name is good enough.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Heisgood wrote:CW cannot deny you ilr because your middle name is missing. The correct first and last name is good enough.
thanks did some one experience the same thing when they did there LIUK Test as i asked few ppl around me and about half of them experienced the same thing but they haven't applied for ILR yet and the main prob is my bro also have the same first n surname and he is also going to apply for a visa but not ILR....

As while i was booking for LIUK Test it was mention that plz make sure all details r correct as if not it can cause problem in ur application..as im confuse now what to do .....

Any member experienced the same thing n got ILR plz reply .....

Thank you all who took there time out to read my post..... :)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:04 pm

If it helps you feel any better or more confident:

I was just looking at my wife's LIUK certificates, and noticed that only 2nd part (eg. only Gellar, not Michelle Gellar) of her last name appeared on the certificate. I checked copies of confirmations etc, and nowhere is the first part (Michelle) of last name showing.

I discovered that when I had filled out the forms online, I did not realize that both Michelle Gellar were her last name on passport, visa etc. So I entered only Gellar.

This was never an issue at the PEO appointment.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:24 am

I know many people that incorrectly swapped their names and surnames during LIUK registration and subsequently received ILR with that certificate.
It's up to the applicant to decide whether to pay another application fee and retake the exam or use the same test certificate.

also see LIUK FAQ