ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 document list...checklist please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

laxani

MN1 document list...checklist please

Post by laxani » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 am

Hi all,

Can you please confirm if the following document list is enough for UK born child (Nov 2012), we got ILR/BRP 12-13th Nov. I dont want my passport to be away from me, as I might have to travel to my home...my wife was my dependant.

NCS checking service is taking ages so I have decided to post the following

MN1 form
Original birth certificate
My wifes passport
My wifes BRP ( do I need to send the card only or the letter as well)
My wifes ILR approval letter

Photocopies of above needed?

Please inform if this list is enough. Do I actually need to send it all.

Your re assuranace will be much appreciated.
Thanks

laxani

Post by laxani » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm

This is what the Guide says, there is no mention of parents proof of residence, passport etc. Do I have to submit passport and BRP then? Or will the ILR approval letter suffice?

FOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE UK
• Child’s full birth certificate AND
• Child’s passport of entry to the United Kingdom, and any subsequent passports
AND
• Parents’ marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
Please note - only include children who are not already British
• If one of the parents does not agree to registration a letter explaining their reasons.
• If the application is being made by a guardian, evidence of their right to do so, such
as a deed, will or court order

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 pm

laxani wrote:This is what the Guide says, there is no mention of parents proof of residence, passport etc. Do I have to submit passport and BRP then? Or will the ILR approval letter suffice?

AND
• If one of the parents does not agree to registration a letter explaining their reasons.
• If the application is being made by a guardian, evidence of their right to do so, such
I am also interested to know the answer to this query.

@Laxani, have you checked with all the NCS's around you if they have any appointments available. We don't have to use the NCS in our region only.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 pm

I am enrolling myself in this thread too.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:16 pm

laxani wrote:This is what the Guide says, there is no mention of parents proof of residence, passport etc. Do I have to submit passport and BRP then? Or will the ILR approval letter suffice?

AND
This is quite a common question. See for example - British Citizenship using MN1.

See also the last question in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Children.

laxani

Post by laxani » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks Jambo but my question remains unanswered :

Do I send BRP and Passport or just one.... The less I send the better.

For BRP, do I send the card only?

I presume no photocopies needed

And the payment Page is another form?

Sorry but there seems to be very little info around this form.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 am

laxani wrote:Thanks Jambo but my question remains unanswered :

Do I send BRP and Passport or just one.... The less I send the better.

For BRP, do I send the card only?
I would think the BRP card itselft would be enough but as ILR BRP are relatively new, I don't know the official policy on that. I suggest you contact the HO and ask. Please share their advice for the benefit of other members.
I presume no photocopies needed
Correct. Just the original documents.
And the payment Page is another form?

Sorry but there seems to be very little info around this form.
It's part of the fees leaflet. Checks the FAQ for a link to the fees leaflet.

laxani

Post by laxani » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks. I have decided to send both the card and letter.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 am

I don't think the letter is needed. It is more a question whether the passport is needed or not (as the BRP might be enough for ID purposes).

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

I have an NCS appointment next week, so will check with them what they send to HO. I am sure the requirement of the docs with the postal applications will be the same.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:05 pm

pied_piper wrote:I have an NCS appointment next week, so will check with them what they send to HO. I am sure the requirement of the docs with the postal applications will be the same.
Just an update, I submitted my son's document in Bracknell Forest NCS today.

My wife and I got ILR on 15th of November and our son was born in the UK so applied for him under section 1(3).

The very kind lady took the photocopies of the following documents to be sent with the application form:

- Full birth certificate
- Passports - both parents, as proof of identity, she mentioned
- BRPs - both parents
- Marriage certificate

- MN1 application form
- Payment page, it is not the part of MN1 form rather it is a separate document.

Two referees I used:
- My son's nursery manager (as a professional)
- A friend of mine

Their passport numbers were not disclosed, rather they wrote "Can be requested if needed" on the form. The NCS lady just confirmed with the me both referees are British and she was happy to go ahead.

In the lady's opinion, BRPs are an authentic proof of ILR and the letter of approval of ILR given after the PEO appointment is a bit vague. She was not sure if HO would be happy with this letter only.

An important point I realised is that the fees of an NCS can vary significantly across different councils. As the applicants are not restricted to apply with an NCS of their own council, it can be useful to check a number of NCS's around you before you make an appointment. In my case, I had to pay only £19 for my son at Bracknell !

Hope this helps ...

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:47 pm

pied_piper wrote:
pied_piper wrote:I have an NCS appointment next week, so will check with them what they send to HO. I am sure the requirement of the docs with the postal applications will be the same.
Just an update, I submitted my son's document in Bracknell Forest NCS today.

My wife and I got ILR on 15th of November and our son was born in the UK so applied for him under section 1(3).

The very kind lady took the photocopies of the following documents to be sent with the application form:

- Full birth certificate
- Passports - both parents, as proof of identity, she mentioned
- BRPs - both parents
- Marriage certificate

- MN1 application form
- Payment page, it is not the part of MN1 form rather it is a separate document.

Two referees I used:
- My son's nursery manager (as a professional)
- A friend of mine

Their passport numbers were not disclosed, rather they wrote "Can be requested if needed" on the form. The NCS lady just confirmed with the me both referees are British and she was happy to go ahead.

In the lady's opinion, BRPs are an authentic proof of ILR and the letter of approval of ILR given after the PEO appointment is a bit vague. She was not sure if HO would be happy with this letter only.

An important point I realised is that the fees of an NCS can vary significantly across different councils. As the applicants are not restricted to apply with an NCS of their own council, it can be useful to check a number of NCS's around you before you make an appointment. In my case, I had to pay only £19 for my son at Bracknell !

Hope this helps ...
Just to state it's not mandatory to send your original passports (parents) or BRP cards as this is not stated in the official guidance. See my story here and also the list of documents I sent without using NCS.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 605#742605
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |