ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help regarding the EEA Family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

felipecaneba
Newly Registered

I need help regarding the EEA Family permit

Post by felipecaneba » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:02 am

I am 22, brazilian, and have been to london once as a tourist. My brazilian boyfriend (who has italian citizenship) has been living in London for a couple years. I wanna live there with him, get the civil union and apply for the EEA Family permit so I may be able to stay with him legally. But there are many things I dont know.. Does the EEA Family permit have an expiration date? If yes, then do I need to apply later for a permanent one? If I do, after how much time since the EEA permit accepted?
Another question is what if after a few years I have gotten the EEA permit, we break up or he moves out of london for any reason... do I lose the right to keep living in the Uk?
I'd really appreciate everyone's reply in my post, Thank you!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:55 am

There is no scope to apply for an EEA permit as namorados unless it is based on a lengthy and durable relationship akin to marriage (living together). Clearly your situation does not match that requirement. So, unless you form a civil partnership, you will not be able to apply for this.

The second part of your question is a frank admission that this is not a genuine relationship but merely a ruse to live in the UK.

felipecaneba
Newly Registered

Reply to "LukaPookaaa"

Post by felipecaneba » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:23 am

Yes, of course I'd be applying after getting the civil union, I mentioned this in the topic above ;) u should read honestly..
And who do you think you are to say my relationship is not "genuine"? I bet anyone in the same situation as me would have this kind of question, afterall, we all know a relationship may not be forever and if I'm giving up my country to go to the Uk for him, YES I wanna know what happens in case we break up because I do NOT want to start my life there and be screwed in case something happens!
Thanks for the reply anyway.. I hope I get more useful ones..

flipper77

Re: Reply to "LukaPookaaa"

Post by flipper77 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:19 am

felipecaneba wrote:Yes, of course I'd be applying after getting the civil union, I mentioned this in the topic above ;) u should read honestly..
And who do you think you are to say my relationship is not "genuine"? I bet anyone in the same situation as me would have this kind of question, afterall, we all know a relationship may not be forever and if I'm giving up my country to go to the Uk for him, YES I wanna know what happens in case we break up because I do NOT want to start my life there and be screwed in case something happens!
Thanks for the reply anyway.. I hope I get more useful ones..
felipecaneba,

As Lucapooka said, you need to prove that you are in a lengthy and durable relationship - and seeing you live on opposite sides of the world (and have done for a couple of years), I'm guessing this will be hard to prove. I think Lucapooka is suggesting that the relationship isn't genuine because not only have you not lived together for a couple of years, you are already asking what would happen if you break up - most people in durable relationships don't think that way!
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

Casa

Re: I need help regarding the EEA Family permit

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:21 am

This is a thread from almost 2 years ago! :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.