ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

register to get married as an overstayer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

misscam
Newly Registered

register to get married as an overstayer

Post by misscam » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:59 pm

i would like to know if anyone has succeeded to register their marraige while their passport is with the home office. my partner and i wish to know if its possible. we have an ongoing eea2 application based on durable relationship. can we get married while my passport is with the home office?

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:04 pm

You can ask for your passport back without withdrawing your application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/

After you are married, if your application has still not been decided, you can send your marriage certificate to UKBA so that you can be recognised as a family member.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm

The difficulty is that UKBA don't return passport when the holder does not have leave to remain. They will be more reluctant to release it, if it is to conduct a marriage.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ravii

Post by ravii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:42 pm

For marriage notices,you need 1 proof of address and 1 proof of identity,which can be a passport if passport is not handy then,birth certificate/national identity card issued from your home country along with the letter received from UKBA,Which shows that your passport is in UKBA.Registration office will never refused you.
Best regards

misscam
Newly Registered

Post by misscam » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:51 pm

ravii wrote:For marriage notices,you need 1 proof of address and 1 proof of identity,which can be a passport if passport is not handy then,birth certificate/national identity card issued from your home country along with the letter received from UKBA,Which shows that your passport is in UKBA.Registration office will never refused you.

thank you very much