ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Solihull PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srsatya

Success at Solihull PEO

Post by srsatya » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi

A big thanks to this forum members for helping me.

I and my wife had PEO appointment at Solihull PEO on 21st Nov, I was applying for ILR and my wife for FLR(m), my appointment was at 10:00am and her appointment was at 11:30am. We reached at 9am, upon arrival I told them that my wife is also applying today and asked if they can send us together. They checked our appointment letters and asked for the application forms. Then after few minutes they called me and said my wife's application should be PBS Dependent but not FLR(m), staff was very friendly and asked me not to panic and directed me the way to council library (5 mins away from PEO office) where I can take printouts and fill the form. Generally library will be open at 9am, but only on Wednesday's it opens at 10am, so without any choice we waited till 10am and took printouts and filled the form and went back at 11:10am, they checked the form and issued two tokens (one each) and told us to wait until they call the number.

11:30 my number was called and I went in, I told the case worker that I have dependent applying today, she had a chat with other case worker and said that's fine, case worker was friendly and asked me below documents...

1. Set(o) form.
2. Passport.
3. Wage slips.
4. Bank Statements.
5. Life in UK result.
6. Employer letter.
7. Photocopies of all above.
8. Two photographs

Case worker checked payslip and bank statement, in the mean time, they called my wife's token number and she was sitting next to me, she told her case worker about the main applicant(me). The case worker went through my wife's form and asked to enclose below documents,

1. PBS Dependent form
2. Passport
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Co-Hab documents ( we had many but he took only council tax bill, tenancy agreement, my wife's bank statements)
5. Photocopies of all above

My wife even showed him my savings account statement which he just glanced and gave it back. As my case worker looked happy with my documents, she spoke to my wife's case worker and confirmed to go ahead with my wife's extension. There was another counter beside where we paid the fees, then our biometrics and photos were taken. They asked us to come after two hours to collect our documents.

when we returned, we got our original documents with a letter from UKBA stating my ILR is granted and my wife extension also granted.

Regarding my Case
=================
1. Initial on HSMP for 2 yrs, then on Tier-1.
2. Was in permenant job.
3. Came to UK after 88 days of my visa stamping.

Any questions please welcome.

SONAKSHI

UKBA Letter

Post by SONAKSHI » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Double congratulations srsatya
What did you have in the employer's letter? Would you be able to post a sanitized copy please?
Would you please also advice the content of the UKBA letter granting the ILR- Does it clear indicate that ILR has been approved? Just wanted to know if I would have any documents to prove my status before the Biometric card is received (which may take some days) if my ILR is approved. I require that to plan for some official work connected with my Job requirements.
Many thanks in advance.
Less is More

chagan

Re: Success at Solihull PEO

Post by chagan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 am

srsatya wrote:Hi

I and my wife had PEO appointment at Solihull PEO on 21st Nov, I was applying for ILR and my wife for FLR(m), my appointment was at 10:00am and her appointment was at 11:30am. We reached at 9am, upon arrival I told them that my wife is also applying today and asked if they can send us together. They checked our appointment letters and asked for the application forms. Then after few minutes they called me and said my wife's application should be PBS Dependent but not FLR(m), staff was very friendly and asked me not to panic and directed me the way to council library (5 mins away from PEO office) where I can take printouts and fill the form. Generally library will be open at 9am, but only on Wednesday's it opens at 10am, so without any choice we waited till 10am and took printouts and filled the form and went back at 11:10am, they checked the form and issued two tokens (one each) and told us to wait until they call the number.

11:30 my number was called and I went in, I told the case worker that I have dependent applying today, she had a chat with other case worker and said that's fine, case worker was friendly and asked me below documents...

1. Set(o) form.
2. Passport.
3. Wage slips.
4. Bank Statements.
5. Life in UK result.
6. Employer letter.
8. Two photographs

Case worker checked payslip and bank statement, in the mean time, they called my wife's token number and she was sitting next to me, she told her case worker about the main applicant(me). The case worker went through my wife's form and asked to enclose below documents,

1. PBS Dependent form
2. Passport
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Co-Hab documents ( we had many but he took only council tax bill, tenancy agreement, my wife's bank statements)

My wife even showed him my savings account statement which he just glanced and gave it back. As my case worker looked happy with my documents, she spoke to my wife's case worker and confirmed to go ahead with my wife's extension. There was another counter beside where we paid the fees, then our biometrics and photos were taken. They asked us to come after two hours to collect our documents.

when we returned, we got our original documents with a letter from UKBA stating my ILR is granted and my wife extension also granted.

Regarding my Case
=================
2. Was in permenant job.

Hi

Can you please tell me how many years of visa your wife got? I am in the same situation...

Thanks

srsatya

Re: UKBA Letter

Post by srsatya » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:27 pm

SONAKSHI wrote:Double congratulations srsatya
What did you have in the employer's letter? Would you be able to post a sanitized copy please?
Would you please also advice the content of the UKBA letter granting the ILR- Does it clear indicate that ILR has been approved? Just wanted to know if I would have any documents to prove my status before the Biometric card is received (which may take some days) if my ILR is approved. I require that to plan for some official work connected with my Job requirements.
Many thanks in advance.
Thanks. The letter states that I was granted ILR and some general FAQ's in that letter. But the letter clearly indicates that ILR is granted to me. I got my biometric card today.

srsatya

Re: Success at Solihull PEO

Post by srsatya » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm

chagan wrote:
srsatya wrote:Hi

1. Set(o) form.
2. Passport.
3. Wage slips.
4. Bank Statements.
5. Life in UK result.
6. Employer letter.
8. Two photographs

1. PBS Dependent form
2. Passport
3. Marriage Certificate

Regarding my Case
=================
2. Was in permenant job.

Hi

Can you please tell me how many years of visa your wife got? I am in the same situation...

Thanks
My wife got 3 years of PBS dependent visa.