ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) success at Cardiff PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanxiao
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) success at Cardiff PEO

Post by sanxiao » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Big Thanks to this site and its members, to all those invaluable posts which helped me in obtaining my Tier1 extenstion, dependent Tier1 applications in past and now the ILR.

My case was HSMP + Tier 1. Entered the UK after 65days of my first Entry Clearance. I had 183 days out of the UK in last 5 years and that included 3 days for business, 2 weeks of paternity leave, 10 unpaid holidays and rest personal paid holidays. I applied with my wife and 13 month son as Tier1 dependents.

I had an appointment on 23rd NOV 2012 at 10:00am at Cardiff PEO.

We found too few applicant inside. At around 10:30, I was asked to come 'alone' with my documents. The guy at the counter asked for the passports first and after checking them, he asked for the form. He asked me to sign on a form which mentioned that I am applying for the ILR and the card details in the form are correct and I am fine going ahead with it. While I did that, he took the form away and started to fill up the details in his computer. After 2 minutes he came back and asked me the original evidence/documents if I have any. When I gave him those documents, he asked me to wait in the lobby until somebody call my name for the biometric. I asked whether he needs the photocopies of those evidence documents which he was happy to take along with.

At around 11:00am, a lady called us for the biometric. I nominated myself to be present while taking biometric of my son, so I had to sign on a form which indicated my son's name and some other personal data. She took my son's photo first and obviously it was a struggle to take his photo but eventually we had it. She shown remarkable patience which I appreciated. While taking biometric of my wife, she asked her whether she had her finger prints taken in past; my wife acknowledged saying that it was taken when she first applied for her EC to the UK. My wife also had to sign on a form confirming her details. I was the last person to go through the biometric. The lady asked us to go out and spend some time in nearby town center and shopping malls. Even though the weather was bad outside we had to go out nearby mall to wait until their call.

At around 12:45pm, I had a call from a lady who identified herself as the case-worker from UKBA handling my application. She didn't mentioned whether my application was a success, just asked us to come to the office and look for her.

We came back at 1:00pm to the office and went through the same security procedure. The case-worker called my name and asked all of us to come to a counter. She told me that my application has been successful and the settlement visa has been granted. She explained me that they no more emboss the visa on the passport and the visa would in the form of a biometric residential card which will be sent to my home address within 5 working days. She returned all my original documents along with our passports. She also gave me the UKBA Receipt and confirmation form saying that the residential card will be sent to my address later. Before I say a thanks to the case worker I checked all those originals to find whether anything missing. I found no problem. She also gave me a feedback form to rate their service. I had my opinion on them and left the PEO at 1:30pm.

I found the whole experience resonably well paced and hassle-free.

Documents:
1. SET(O) form with photos.
2. Passports (dependents and old passports included)
3. 12 months Salary slips.
4. Corresponding 12 months bank statements.
5. Life in the UK test certificates for me and my wife.
6. 4 years of P60.
7. Employment reference letters from both current and past employer; I had two employers in last 5 years.
8. Official letter from employer showing the paterity leave grant.
9. Marriage certificate.
10. Child's birth certificate (born out of the UK).
11. Cohab documents-Council tax, Electricity + Gas bills for last 3 years addressed to both of us.
12. Photocopies of all the above documents except the SET(O) form.

Note:
1. They kept only 1 copies of photos and returned the other along with the originals.
2. cardiff PEO doesn't allow you to wait inside their premises.
3. You need to switch off your phone while being inside their office.

patt

Post by patt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Congrats and thank you sharing.

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi, sanxiao. Have you received your BRP yet? If so, when?

SONAKSHI

Employers letter

Post by SONAKSHI » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Congratulations Sanxiao, Would you please upload a copy of the employers letter please. I need the format.
Many thanks in advance
Less is More

sanxiao
Newly Registered

Post by sanxiao » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:19 pm

[quote="somemightsay"]Hi, sanxiao. Have you received your BRP yet? If so, when?[/quote]

Yes, I got the BRP 28th Nov. Sorry for not updating the post earlier.

sanxiao
Newly Registered

Re: Employers letter

Post by sanxiao » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

[quote="SONAKSHI"]Congratulations Sanxiao, Would you please upload a copy of the employers letter please. I need the format.
Many thanks in advance[/quote]

I didn't create any format as such. I requested my employer for a reference letter and they have their own standard write-up which was given to me. It was addressed to Cardiff PEO mentioning about my employement. You shoudl ask your employer such a letter and they should be able to provide you one.
Sorry if you dint find much help from me in this regard.

Anand_2012
Newly Registered

Post by Anand_2012 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi Sanxiao,

Congratulations!

If you don't mind can you please post your EC issue date, entry date and tier-1 expiry date.

sanxiao
Newly Registered

Post by sanxiao » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:29 am

[quote="Anand_2012"]Hi Sanxiao,

Congratulations!

If you don't mind can you please post your EC issue date, entry date and tier-1 expiry date.[/quote]

Thank you Anand.

EC issue date: 22 NOV 2007
Entry date: 28 JAN 2008
Tier1 expiry date: 22 DEC 2012