ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long before we can apply for a provisional licence

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

sarah2012
Newly Registered

How long before we can apply for a provisional licence

Post by sarah2012 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Hello!

I was just wondering if there was any particular time in which my husband has to have been in the UK before he can apply or a provisional license? I have had a look through the site and also the DVLA site but it doesn't advise of any! ( so hopefully that means there aren't any) however I have found conflicting information on different sites online!

Thank you[/url]

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:53 pm

I do not think there are any time limit you have to live in UK before applying for a provisional license as long as you're a UK residence. Although it is stated that 3 years of address details is required and I suppose that could be any address 1 had lived. Below are info fund relating to this matter.

To get your first provisional driving licence online for a car, motorcycle or moped you need to:

be a resident of Great Britain
meet the minimum age requirement
meet the minimum eyesight requirement
not be prevented from driving for any reason
pay £50 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card
have a valid UK passport or other form of identity
have your National Insurance number if known
provide addresses where you’ve lived for the last 3 years
You can apply up to 3 months before you can start driving. You can normally start driving on your 17th birthday if you want to drive a car and your 16th birthday if you want to drive a motorcycle or moped.

If you’re getting the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) you can drive at 16

This info is directly from: https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-provisio ... s-to-apply

razian97
United Kingdom

Re: How long before we can apply for a provisional licence

Post by razian97 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 am

sarah2012 wrote:Hello!

I was just wondering if there was any particular time in which my husband has to have been in the UK before he can apply or a provisional license? I have had a look through the site and also the DVLA site but it doesn't advise of any! ( so hopefully that means there aren't any) however I have found conflicting information on different sites online!

Thank you[/url]
if your husband have British passport then he can apply for provisional licence.if he do not have British Passport then he must have been in UK more than 180 days before applying for provisional licence.if you read DVLA application form and guidance carefully,you can find it in Identity check section.
it is clearly written on first page of Application form as well.
Razian