ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or dependent visa for the new born?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

ILR or dependent visa for the new born?

Post by harsha7kp » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi,
Im quite confused whether to apply for ILR or dependent visa for my new born baby in India. My situation is as follows -
1) I am on ILR for the past year and a half with no near term plans of applying for a British passport.
2) My wife is still on a dependent visa as she is yet to complete 2 years with me in the UK. Her ILR is due in April next year.
3) My child was born in India and now I need to apply for his visa from Bangalore, India.

Now based on the above, should I have to apply for a ILR visa for my child or is he not eligible for ILR yet?Should both the parents be on ILR for the child to get ILR? Would this mean I should just apply for a dependent visa only.
If ILR is possible, can I make an application for ILR from Bangalore, India and any idea how long it would take to get processed?

Thanks,
Harsha

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:17 pm

ILR cannot be applied for from outside the UK.
The child is not eligible for ILE, since the other parent has limited leave to remain.

So, entry clearance as child of a settled person / British citizen
Life isn't fair, but you can be!