ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - place of issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HsmpFlr3

Passport application - place of issue

Post by HsmpFlr3 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:29 pm

In section 5, there is a question on Place of Issue of the naturalization certificate. By mistake i had written "London Newham" . Apparently we have to write either "Home Office London" or just "London". The post office check & send service declined to send the application because of this.

I called the passport help line and they said its fine although i am not sure they were very convincing.

Can i try using another post office? Or should i fill another application form? I dont want to approach my counter signatory again as he is a very busy person. Do you think this mistake will prevent/delay the application?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Tell the Post Office you are willing to take the risk against their advice (they will ask you to sign something so you can't claim the fee back if refused).

It will be fine.