ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal allowed but ECO refused visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

harry82
Newly Registered

appeal allowed but ECO refused visa

Post by harry82 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:41 am

Hi all,
I am a British citizen married to an indian guy in 2009 in india and we have a baby of 2 years nd 4 months.We applied for his spouse visa last year in Dec,2011 but got refused on
1.maintenance groungs (his statements showing 6 lacs rs)
2.he does not have a job offer letter in UK.
3.Y can't you and your baby go and live in india?

Our appeal was allowed in first tier tribunal in Oct 2012.

In Nov,2012 BHC called interview my husband in india which ECO refused on the above mentioned grounds1,2,3.(he did show savings a/c showing rs 15 lacs)during inteview.Secondly, he told Eco dat my wife is well settled in UK and she is getting very well paid. He told Eco dat he cannot support us financially as his income is very low in india.

we have to start the process again.. its been 3.6 years now.I dont know y UKBA are harassing us.
Any help appreciated.. :(

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 am

Hi Harvinder (I am Harvinder too...)

Okay lets start from the beginning.

- Sponsor (Wife) settled in the UK
- Applicant (Husband) in India
- Have a baby of 2 years and 4 months (is the bay in UK?)
- Married in 2009 and applied for Spouse VISA in Dec 2011 and refused

At the time you applied for Spouse VISA the requirements for financial maintanence was to show that the sponsor in the UK has enough money to support all family members, so Husband+wife and baby.

So you needed to show that you have weekly £111 (for the husband and wife) and Child Tax CRedit and Child Benefit for the baby should be fine. This amount needs to be showed after paying any loan repayments, council tax and other taxes.

So if the sponsor was not meeting this requirement the application was doomed to be refused in the first place.

Hopefully, someone should be able to help on this forum.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:20 am

Can you give exact details of reasons for refusal as per the refusal notice given to your husband in Nov 2012.

Your post does not make sense, please give full and further info regarding your and your hubby's present circumstances :wink: