ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 STAMP CONFUSED??? HELP ASAP!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

EEA2 STAMP CONFUSED??? HELP ASAP!

Post by MarksGrace » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 am

I got my EEA2 RC yesterday stamped as FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL... I thought great!! We waited 5 months for this we can go to Ireland after all for xmas! So to make sure I emailed the Irish embassy in London to double check if my RC is enough... this is their response...

ondonvisaoffice@dfa.ie
12:50 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
EU Regulations specify that certain family members should be issued with a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen"
Please see Article 10 of the Directive 38/2004 http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:EN:PDF
. . . . .
Irish Immigration Regulations classify "non-nationals who are family members of a Union citizen and holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen”, as referred to in Article 10 of the Directive of 2004" as not requiring a visa to enter Ireland.
Please see link to SI 345 of 2011 http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ir ... nformation
. . . . .
Your residence card is called "Residence card of a family member of an EEA National", (not the same as a Union citizen and that is a matter for the UK Authorities); however an Immigration Officer may accept that the residence card issued to you has been issued pursuant to Article 10 of the EU Directive of 2004.

You are also free to apply for a visa which will be processed free of charge once the original marriage certificate and spouse’s original EU passport are submitted in support of the application.

Please see our website for how to apply, processing times, etc: http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/home/ ... x?id=33732

Regards,

Visa Office,
Embassy of Ireland,
London

Now I'm confused does the home office issue a different RC saying FAMILY MEMBER OF A UNION CITIZEN? Did I get the wrong RC?

ps. We have a bad exp with the embassy in London the lady there told me that having a son with my partner is not enough proof of a durable relationship. :( PLS help...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 am

There is only one type of RC issued by UKBA. The Irish authorities disagree with UKBA on the way it is done.
See more here.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:03 pm