ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP decision in 4 days - new scheme

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

HSMP decision in 4 days - new scheme

Post by slugmeister » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:28 pm

Hi there,

Basic summary: I applied on Dec 5th. Decision was made on Dec 9th. Documents mailed back to me on Dec 11.

I'm American. I'm here in the UK on a work permit. I applied for the HSMP on Dec 5th. I sent in my application via Royal Mail express on Dec 4th. It was received December 5th.

Unfortuantely, I did not have a letter from my university saying that my course was taught in English. I am a native English speaker. I gradauted with a degree in English Literature from a university in the USA.

Regarding the language requirement, I included my diploma, the NARIC assessment, a letter from my employer stating that English is required for the job I do. And for comic effect, I had a letter from a well known Radio presenter stating that I am a correspondant for the station and that I speak English. I also included my transcripts from the university.

I called the home office today because the letter from my university that says my 'course work was in english' finally arrived. I called to ask the home office if I could still submit it.

I did not submit it originally, because the post from the USA was very slow and my 32nd birthday was approaching. I put a fax of the letter in my application, however.

I was on hold for about 10 minutes when I called. Spoke to a nice gentlman. I gave him my reference number. He couldn't find me in the system. I gave him my name and address. He still couldn't find me in the system.

He then put me on hold for almost 10 minutes as he went to investigate.

It turns out that because I am here on a work permit, my details were in the 'old system' but not updated on the 'new system.' Whatever. He eventually found me.

He then told me a decision had been made. W-w-whoa, that was fast! He coudln't tell what the decision was but he said that it was made on December 9. He then went through the time line of my application.

05 Dec Received Application
05 Dec Processed Payment
06 Dec Application given to case worker
07 Dec Application referred to a supervisior
09 Dec Decision Made
11 Dec Documents mailed back (i've not received them yet)

Fingers crossed that my appliation has been approved.

Cheers,
The lady in waiting...

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:47 pm

I guess they are prosessing the IN-COUNTRY applications very quickly this time.

Hope the same happnes for the out of country; and in favour of the genuine applicants.

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:15 pm

Hi.........

I think they don't have much application so process is very quick !!

In future more people will send the application that time may it will take time !!

Regards,
:lol:

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Approved

Post by slugmeister » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:09 pm

Got my documents back in the post today.

I'm approved. YAY!

meggles

Post by meggles » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:23 pm

congrats!

badhorse

Post by badhorse » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:11 am

slugmeister,

Congratulations to you. Not many of us have good luck as such...

Two questions for you.

1) Will you be able to retain your WP as an HSMP?
2) If yes, will you be holding a WP visa or HSMP visa?

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:19 am

i'm in the same boat... here in the UK on FLR(WP). will be switiching to FLR(HSMP).

it is my understanding that when i get my passport back with FLR(HSMP) permit, my work permit permit becomes invalid.

i'm going to continue to work for the same company throughout though...

please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

badhorse

Post by badhorse » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:03 pm

meggles,

I guess so too. But on the other hand, did you see this below (being part of Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 130)? This seems to suggest that an HSMP can hold a WP and can extend his/her HSMP as a WP holder?

135DA The requirements for an extension of stay as a highly skilled migrant for a work permit holder are that the applicant:

(i) entered the United Kingdom or was given leave to remain as a work permit holder in accordance with paragraphs 128 to 132 of these Rules; and

(ii) meets the requirements of paragraph 135A (i)-(iii).

(Source: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/lawand ... ules/part5)

Hence my questions.

Could anyone shed light on this?