ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rental income, minus mortgage payment or not?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JohnM

Rental income, minus mortgage payment or not?

Post by JohnM » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi

If we show income for partner of settled person to apply for visa from rental income. It says it can be income before management fees. Do they mean that we may not deduct mortgage repayment as well?

For example, I rent out flat for 1000 pounds. My mortgage is 800 pounds. Can I claim that I have rental income from this flat of 1000 pounds per month or it can be only 200 pounds?

Cheers!

harv

Post by harv » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am

You have to be practical in proving your income, just showing your rental income does not doo it at all. You actually need to show proof od what you are paying taxes on i.e. the amount HMRC sees you are getting as income. This is because if you are self employed you need to show a list of documents to show that you are correctly registered with HMRC and paying the correct amount of taxes.

As long as your Gross Income after expenses (if self employed), meets the financial requirements of the VSIA rules you should be okay. If employed, then your pay slips should be able to show your monthly/annual salary so easier to wok out.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised