ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only Documents received no approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bwonder
Newly Registered

Only Documents received no approval letter

Post by bwonder » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied by post. It was a joint application and I sent prepaid SD envelope. I have received the supporting documents yesterday in the SD Envelope. But there is no approval letter in it. However there is a letter which says that your application is noted and documente are returned. It says that if your application is successfull the details in the box at the end of the letter (Name, DOB, Birthplace) will be used. It also says to contact them if the details are incorrect.

Is this normal? I mean do the approval letter comes seperately? Can you anyone with expereince/knowledge please advise.

Cheers

Glc

Post by Glc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:06 am

your documents have been returned only because HO has already taken note of your application and registered you in the system. When did you apply, by the way? You would normally receive your approval letters separately.

bwonder
Newly Registered

Post by bwonder » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Thanks Glc for your reply. I posted my application on 31st of October and HO received on 1st of November.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi bwonder did you receive your approval or not? When did you get your approval after receiving your all documents back?

Thanks and all the best.

bwonder
Newly Registered

Post by bwonder » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm

skymoon wrote:Hi bwonder did you receive your approval or not? When did you get your approval after receiving your all documents back?

Thanks and all the best.
Sorry Skymoon, Received approval letter on 03/01 and ceremony booked for 05/02. Booked it over the phone with the council. Still waiting for the letter from them confirming it. Those who are still waiting... worry not... it will arrive eventually. Cannot thank enough the people on this forum for helping with important info.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks and all the best