ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on COA under Zambrano Applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naija99
Member of Standing

Clarification on COA under Zambrano Applications

Post by naija99 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:22 pm

I would be grateful if someone could confirm exactly what the COA states when you apply using EEA2.

A friend submitted a Zambrano application on EEA2 but it was returned twice on the issue of sole responsibility for the child. She returned the application by recorded delivery on 9 November asserting the primary carer rule and now she has been issued a COA but it makes no mention of Zambrano on it. It states 'thank you for your application of 8 Nov'. She is fearful because they refer to her application of 8 Nov, when it was dated 9th Nov and also because the COA appears to be the standard COA for normal EEA2 applications and makes no mention of Zambrano. It just states that they will make a decision on the application within the next 6 months.

Can anyone clarify. Is this the usual COA that is issued for Zambrano applications?

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi all,

Would those who have submitted Zambrano applications and received a favourable reply be able to assist on this?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:21 pm

naija99 wrote:Hi all,

Would those who have submitted Zambrano applications and received a favourable reply be able to assist on this?
I have received three COAs so far and they all mentioned Zambrano in them. I received each of the COA after 6 months. My application was made in November 2011.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks Prince 74
So do you think it's worth writing back to them for clarification ?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:51 am

naija99 wrote:Thanks Prince 74
So do you think it's worth writing back to them for clarification ?
I personally don't think you should write to them, what matters is that you have been sent a COA which acknowledges your application.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 am

But how do we know that they will be considering it under Zambrano and will they send out the new DRF1 that they have been doing with others?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:16 pm

naija99 wrote:But how do we know that they will be considering it under Zambrano and will they send out the new DRF1 that they have been doing with others?
Obviously they would know on what basis the application is being considered from the information you provided on the form.

ruona

Zambrano

Post by ruona » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Hi there,i just checked my coa which was issued last month.i think is thesame as yours cos there is no zambrano written on it.but i also received the drcf1 to fill ,which i have submited .i think they are all thesame if you ask me.

kofi75

Re: Zambrano

Post by kofi75 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Can pls let us know what is on the DRF1 forms.What info do they require frm the applicant.Is a complex form or a simple one.
Thanks

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:33 pm

kofi75 wrote:Can pls let us know what is on the DRF1 forms.What info do they require frm the applicant.Is a complex form or a simple one.
Thanks
The form is 42 pages long but it is not complicated. If you are applying on the basis of Zambrano you simply complete only that section. It took me and my solicitor about 20-30 minutes to complete it.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Thank you Prince for the information.I have just recently put in an application as a joint carers of my wifes little boy.that is after reading the guidance notes given to the caseworkers

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:30 am

kofi75 wrote:Thank you Prince for the information.I have just recently put in an application as a joint carers of my wifes little boy.that is after reading the guidance notes given to the caseworkers
The Guidance you referred to above we're not given to the Home Office caseworkers rather given to Department of Works and Pensions staff.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:02 pm

It was sent to all Decision Makers on Zambrano.The Home office has got the same memo as the DWP.

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Is DRF1 on the ukba website yet?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:41 pm

naija99 wrote:Is DRF1 on the ukba website yet?
No, it isn't on the UKBA's website.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:41 pm

The website states that form DRF1 is available and from 13 December , new applicant should use it. But this is wrong as there is no published DRF1 form. There seem to be a confusion somewhere.

If anyone receive this form, could they please scan and publish it for the benefit of the forum and put a shame on UKBA
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

easy77

Post by easy77 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:55 pm

DRF1 form is on UKBA website, if u go to news & update, then eurpoean union news, u will see the changes made on 13th dec. 2012. u will be able to trace the form from there.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 am

It would be nice if you could find this form for us and publish it, because so far i have not been able to do so.

The UKBA will not be accepting application not made on that form, which i think they have not bothered to publish.

Do post it for us. You guys can all contribute. It is not just the moderators job.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Obie wrote:It would be nice if you could find this form for us and publish it, because so far i have not been able to do so.

The UKBA will not be accepting application not made on that form, which i think they have not bothered to publish.

Do post it for us. You guys can all contribute. It is not just the moderators job.
I have a copy of the form, the problem is that when my solicitor received the form from the UKBA, she scanned all of the 42 pages of the form and emailed it to me with a letter from the UKBA. I am happy to email you the form, the problem there is that I am not able/do not know how to separate the covering letter from the UKBA which was scanned together with the form. The covering letter is personal and has my personal details. As you can understand, I would not want to put my personal details on a public forum.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 pm

I perfectly understand that.

You can possibly convert the PDF into word, delete the
page with your personal details, and then covert again into PDF.

After that you can publish it. If you need further assistance let me know.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Prince74 wrote:
Obie wrote:It would be nice if you could find this form for us and publish it, because so far i have not been able to do so.

I have a copy of the form, the problem is that when my solicitor received the form from the UKBA, she scanned all of the 42 pages of the form and emailed it to me with a letter from the UKBA. I am happy to email you the form, the problem there is that I am not able/do not know how to separate the covering letter from the UKBA which was scanned together with the form. The covering letter is personal and has my personal details. As you can understand, I would not want to put my personal details on a public forum.
Just use a free online service to split the file (such as http://www.splitpdf.com/ ). It is very simple to use. Just choose your file and state the pages to split. You are then given a link to download the new file.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:59 am

Jambo wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

Just use a free online service to split the file (such as http://www.splitpdf.com/ ). It is very simple to use. Just choose your file and state the pages to split. You are then given a link to download the new file.
I have been able to remove my personal details from the document and I am now able to publich it publicly. Can someone please let me know how to attach it to my message on this forum or alternatively one of the Moderators can provide me with an email address so that I can email it to him/her to upload to this website

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 am

Prince74 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

I have been able to remove my personal details from the document and I am now able to publich it publicly. Can someone please let me know how to attach it to my message on this forum or alternatively one of the Moderators can provide me with an email address so that I can email it to him/her to upload to this website
DRF1 form has been emailed to one of the Moderators and I believe it would be appearing on the forum soon.

kofi75

pls can the moderator publish DRF1 on the forum

Post by kofi75 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Please,can the DRF1 forms be published on the forum?
Prince 74 has emailed it to one of the Modrators.
Just anxious for the long awaited form.plssssssssssssssssssss

Prince74

Re: pls can the moderator publish DRF1 on the forum

Post by Prince74 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 pm

kofi75 wrote:Please,can the DRF1 forms be published on the forum?
Prince 74 has emailed it to one of the Modrators.
Just anxious for the long awaited form.plssssssssssssssssssss
Anyone who can't wait to have the form published on the forum can send me a private message with their email address and I will gladly email him/her the form.