ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application - Queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tand
Newly Registered

OCI Application - Queries

Post by tand » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi,
I am trying to fill OCI application for my family and have below queries
1. What I need to fill in "Place of Issue". In british passport - I can;t see any entry for it.
2. Visible Mark - For this information, is there any standard or if I say Not Applicable - Is it ok?

Please comment.

thanks

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 am

place of issue you can keep as london .

everyone dont know the same and common answer is london.

For visible marks normally they may not bother i believe but just find any small visible mark and add the same information to be on safe side

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:09 pm

vij_sp_1980 wrote:
For visible marks normally they may not bother i believe but just find any small visible mark and add the same information to be on safe side
My Wife & I just got our OCI and while filling up forms for my wife we mentioned NONE and for me entered the visible mark as I have one! Both application were successful!

For the visible mark there is a field in the OCI (and in Indian passport) which gets populated if you fill in the info during application. So in my OCI booklet it is filled in where as in hers it is not. So if you have one then fill else leave blank.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:33 pm

For place of issue, I just put it as 'UK' as the passport says issued by 'IPS' but it can be any of the passport office in UK.

For visible mark, its an old question which appears in almost all Indian forms, just put down as NONE, nobody is going to check it physically.