ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on requesting a SAR file from HO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gagan1986

Question on requesting a SAR file from HO

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Members,

As per UKBA's website, Home office takes 40 days to get back to us with the details requested. Has anyone requested a SAR File before or know anyone who had requested? The question is do they normally take 40 days or can it be sent earlier?

I am applying on 30th Jan, if does definitely takes 40 days then there is no point requesting one.

Looking forward to hearing from the Guru's/senior members/member

Heisgood

Re: Question on requesting a SAR file from HO

Post by Heisgood » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:Members,

As per UKBA's website, Home office takes 40 days to get back to us with the details requested. Has anyone requested a SAR File before or know anyone who had requested? The question is do they normally take 40 days or can it be sent earlier?

I am applying on 30th Jan, if does definitely takes 40 days then there is no point requesting one.

Looking forward to hearing from the Guru's/senior members/member
Not always 40 days as stated. It could be less or more. In my case I applied in March and got it in October which was a waste of time and money as it arrived after I got ILR. It's only £10 so worth a try if you really need it... All the best.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

sushdmehta_fan

Re: Question on requesting a SAR file from HO

Post by sushdmehta_fan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:13 pm

If you ask for all the information it takes three to four weeks. I got mine in three weeks last month, these days they quite prompt, they do meet 40 day deadline. Though the last six month return time for sar is 33 days average

Don't delay, if they don't send you the sar by 40 days send them the reminder.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Many Thanks both. Will send it tomorrow and hopefully it wil come back before I apply for ILR

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46 am

Gagan1986 wrote:Many Thanks both. Will send it tomorrow and hopefully it wil come back before I apply for ILR
Can you please explain how to request for SAR

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:24 am

alok_singh wrote:
Gagan1986 wrote:Many Thanks both. Will send it tomorrow and hopefully it wil come back before I apply for ILR
Can you please explain how to request for SAR
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... boutus/sar
click on above link , print it,and fill in ur details, u ll find guidance note with it as well ,
good luck

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:12 am

thanks for this.