ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian New born baby passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shariqueq
Newly Registered

Indian New born baby passport

Post by shariqueq » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:57 am

my wife is due in 12 Jan 2013, I have to travel to my brother wedding on 20 feb 2012. Me and my wife both hold indian passport and we are in tier 1 general visa.

I want to make my baby passport, I have contacted indian consulate yesterday and inquired about indian passport for new born baby.

They have not given me the correct time line because every min that person has changed the time scale. Person started with 2 weeks than 4 weeks than at the end she said sometime it takes 6 months also.

I was panic ed and upset the service consulate giving to our indian in UK.
In India passport for baby only takes 1 week. I thought same amount of time it should take over here, I am really worried.

Could any one help please
> how much time consulate takes to make new born baby passport.
> Is there any same day service available for new born passport at any consulate office in UK (I am ready to travel anywhere to make my baby passport quickly)
> Is Birmingham consulate provide some kind of quick service, because London consulate said they are not aware about birmingham office...

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:15 pm

You will have to apply under the consulate area where you currently live. Please check consulate website for this info.

It takes around 7 working days as per my knowledge.

jaymandalia

Post by jaymandalia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 pm

You first need to get UK birth certificate from your council/borough and then based on that you will have to apply for Indian birth certificate and Passport for your new born. The entire process could be done within a month, if you are prompt.
This is what I did:
1) Get the UK birth certificate.
2) Based on that, apply for Indian Birth certificate and Indian passport.

Please make sure that you take all the relevant documents i.e your passport copies attested/signed by you, your wife's passport copies attested/signed by her, photos of your new born etc...

I think once they accept the application it take upto 1 week and they can give you the Indian birth certificate and Passport the same day.

Hope it helps...

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Just want to know that do we need to attest all the photocopies?
Official site states "all photocopies needs to be self attested" . Can anyone suggest on this?

rg_del

Post by rg_del » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi Jagankumar,

You need to self attest all the copies. If any piece of document belongs to you and your wife (marriage certificate) you both need to self attest it.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:59 am

And photocopies of your wife's passport should be signed by her... not you .. :)

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 am

bubin123 and rg_del..... thanks for your response..... also regarding the passport service fees is bit confusing in the official cgi/hci website.

Am applying by post Birth registration and passport together.

In the website under fees structure, it has been mentioned that £36 for passport service and £17 for Birth registration for Indian citizenship.

but in the FAQ area, it has been mentioned as £19 for Passport, and £16 for Birth registration(Indian citizenship).
Can anyone please explain me exactly how much fee should be paid for Birth registration and passport service all together.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 am

£34 for birth registration
£36 for new passport for minor child...
For new passport, make sure you bring ALL of these documents:
UK Full & Short Birth Certificate
Indian Birth Certificate issued by Embassy
Passport and BRP (or Visa) for BOTH parents
Marriage Certificate
4 photographs

Also, you need thumb impression of your child on the application form...

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks for your quick response bubin123, but in the CGI website it has mentioned that £17 for birth registration if we apply within a year of baby birth.
Ref: http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... ages&id=20
"11. Fee would be £ 17.00 for registration of a birth when application is made within one year of the birth of the child. Fee would be £ 34.00 when such an application is made after one year of the birth of the child. This fee of £ 34 would be collected in two phases (£17.00 at the time of submission of the hard copy of the application and another £17.00 before issuing the registration certificate subsequent to Ministry’s approval)."

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Looks like typo error.. I applied at London.. they took £34... same notified at website (hcilondon.in)..
Also, take the exact change... :)

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm

OK thanks for your response. am gonna apply by post both birth registration application & passport application together .... let me take 2 bank drafts (£36 and £34). I tried to contact with CGI over phone... no response from them.... and someone answered phone after continous try but she speaks in hindi and she cant understand english that is even worse....

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:47 pm

You cant apply for birth certificate and passport together.. at least at London...
Need to apply for birth certificate first... then apply for passport with the embassy issued Birth Certificate...

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm

am not sure but i read in the official site.
http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... ages&id=51
12. What procedure is to be followed for issue of a first time passport for a newborn in UK?

Ans: Application for all types of passport services is one and the same. Click here to download. This service is preceded by the service of registering the child’s birth in the Consulate. Such registration must be completed within one year of the birth of the child. It is advisable that both the services are applied for on the same day as it saves time and repeat visits to the Consulate. The parents of the child have to file a declaration to the effect that they are parent(s) of the child and have consented jointly to apply for Indian citizenship and a passport for their newborn. Click here to download the declaration specimen. Self certified photocopies of passports of the parents with valid landing rights and full version birth certificate of the newborn need to be enclosed with the application. Originals would also be required to verify the authenticity of the photocopies enclosed with the application. The birth registration fee is £ 16 and passport fee for a five year valid passport is £19 (inclusive of all surcharges). The application can be submitted either across the counter in person or sent by post. If it is sent by post, a pre-paid special delivery self addressed envelope may also be enclosed to return the originals as also the new passport of the child.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:08 pm

As bubin said, you can't apply for passport and birth registration on the same day in London hc. I went there today, but was given only consulate token. They seemed to have changed it recently, it's rubbish as I reached there around 7am and had to wait till 8:30 outside in the freezing weather and I need to go there again next week or so after receiving the birth certificate. You need to carry the exact change and a prepaid postage envelope if you are not planning to collect it personally.

amolrakheja
Newly Registered

passport for new born

Post by amolrakheja » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 pm

jobinscaria wrote:As bubin said, you can't apply for passport and birth registration on the same day in London hc. I went there today, but was given only consulate token. They seemed to have changed it recently, it's rubbish as I reached there around 7am and had to wait till 8:30 outside in the freezing weather and I need to go there again next week or so after receiving the birth certificate. You need to carry the exact change and a prepaid postage envelope if you are not planning to collect it personally.
Hi Jobin
Can u plz tell me the process as I am very confused.

1. Do I need to complete the online form ''Registration of birth of a minor child at an indian consulate under section 4(1) of the citizenship act, 1955'' & take the print out along with me. Do they give any certificate, if yes then is it at same time or we have to wait.

2. What time they start giving the tokens. Do i need to stand on the front door or back door of high commission in london.

3. Did they tell you the reason why you can't have the birth registration & passport at the same day.

Any other information you think which is important in getting this sorted.

Many Thanks
Amol

jobinscaria

Re: passport for new born

Post by jobinscaria » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:06 am

amolrakheja wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:As bubin said, you can't apply for passport and birth registration on the same day in London hc. I went there today, but was given only consulate token. They seemed to have changed it recently, it's rubbish as I reached there around 7am and had to wait till 8:30 outside in the freezing weather and I need to go there again next week or so after receiving the birth certificate. You need to carry the exact change and a prepaid postage envelope if you are not planning to collect it personally.
Hi Jobin
Can u plz tell me the process as I am very confused.

1. Do I need to complete the online form ''Registration of birth of a minor child at an indian consulate under section 4(1) of the citizenship act, 1955'' & take the print out along with me. Do they give any certificate, if yes then is it at same time or we have to wait.

2. What time they start giving the tokens. Do i need to stand on the front door or back door of high commission in london.

3. Did they tell you the reason why you can't have the birth registration & passport at the same day.

Any other information you think which is important in getting this sorted.

Many Thanks
Amol
Hi Amol,

1. Yes, you need to complete the online form and take print out with you. You need to affix a photo as per the specification on top of the printed photo. They don't give anything other than payment receipt. You need give them a prepaid envelope and they said they will send he certificate in a weeks time. You can apply for passport only after receiving this.

2. The start issuing tokens at8:30, but by that time the queue will be very long. I reached at 7 and there were around 15 people ahead of me. I am not sure of the back door. I think I queued up on the front near the construction work.

3. Nope, I tried to argue, but they said it changed.

You need originals and photo copies of marriage certificate, both parents passport, birth certificate. Take 2 copies, just in case. Also the parents name in the passport should be exactly same as that in birth certificate. They didn't accept the application from the guy next to me, because of that reason.

Cheers
Jobin

ksaravanans
Newly Registered

Photo Specification

Post by ksaravanans » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:48 am

Are there any specification for the photo to be uploaded online for Indian Citizenship and also confirm whether we need to upload both the parents signature or only one will suffice? Pls. help

jobinscaria

Re: Photo Specification

Post by jobinscaria » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:01 am

ksaravanans wrote:Are there any specification for the photo to be uploaded online for Indian Citizenship and also confirm whether we need to upload both the parents signature or only one will suffice? Pls. help
Photo specification is mentioned in the consular website, dimensions of the photo to be uploaded is mentioned in the 'apply online' page.
http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/I ... ormcode=09
We did both the parents signature, but most of the applicants over there had only one signature. I haven't got the birth certificate yet, but I assume it's fine.

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:13 pm

jobinscaria wrote:
ksaravanans wrote:Are there any specification for the photo to be uploaded online for Indian Citizenship and also confirm whether we need to upload both the parents signature or only one will suffice? Pls. help
Photo specification is mentioned in the consular website, dimensions of the photo to be uploaded is mentioned in the 'apply online' page.
We did both the parents signature, but most of the applicants over there had only one signature. I haven't got the birth certificate yet, but I assume it's fine.
Just to let you know that I applied for birth certificate on27/02 and received it today 02/03,

amolrakheja
Newly Registered

Post by amolrakheja » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 am

jobinscaria wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:
Just to let you know that I applied for birth certificate on27/02 and received it today 02/03,
Hi Jobin
I am still confused as my baby has already got the birth certificate from Cardiff council then why do we need birth certificate from Indian high commission.

I spoke with one of my friend he applied for his daughter's passport 4 months ago, he said he didnt get any birth certificate from HCI. He went there and submitted the form at counsulate section, paid them the fees and then they asked him to go to passport section to apply for the passport on the same day & he received the passport in a week's time.

Regarding photo - I have got the picture done today and it's white background. Can you please tell if this is ok or do we need any other colour background. And when we upload the picture & signature then how to re-size it. Do I need to scan the signature & upload it as well. Do i need to take the colour print out of that form or black & white print out is fine.

If they are sending birth certificate by post, shall I take special delivery prepaid A4 size envelope.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Thanks in advance
Amol

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:58 pm

amolrakheja wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:
Hi Jobin
I am still confused as my baby has already got the birth certificate from Cardiff council then why do we need birth certificate from Indian high commission.

I spoke with one of my friend he applied for his daughter's passport 4 months ago, he said he didnt get any birth certificate from HCI. He went there and submitted the form at counsulate section, paid them the fees and then they asked him to go to passport section to apply for the passport on the same day & he received the passport in a week's time.

Regarding photo - I have got the picture done today and it's white background. Can you please tell if this is ok or do we need any other colour background. And when we upload the picture & signature then how to re-size it. Do I need to scan the signature & upload it as well. Do i need to take the colour print out of that form or black & white print out is fine.

If they are sending birth certificate by post, shall I take special delivery prepaid A4 size envelope.

Thanks in advance
Amol
Hi Amol,

As per section 4(1) of citizenship act, a child born abroad has to be registered with the cocerened Indian mission abroad in order to apply for an Indian passport by descent. Previously, you used to able to submit the birth registration form as well as the passport on the same day in London HC. So they used to issue 2 tokens, and you apply for birth registration first in the consulate office and then apply for passport showing the receipt issued by consulate. They have changed it in London, now when you apply for passport you have to take a copy of birth certificate issued by HC. I am not sure when they changed it and don't know whether it is the same in other consulates. One of the applicant told me that both could be done on the same day in Birmingham, he mistakenly went there in the first place, but was under London HC jurisdiction. Also best to have the passport application as well handy just in case if they changed it back to apply on the same day, to be sensible. I doubt this be the case.

I took one photo 35*45 on white background for passport and another one 35*35 on off white background( the specification on the consulate website says light background and not white) for birth registration.I am not sure how strict they are on the photo rules. I took a photo of the signature, both photo and signature were resized using Microsoft picture manager. I took a colour print out, but I don't think it matters, because the only colour thing in the form is the photo and you anyway got to affix a photo on top of the printed photo.

Yep, special delivery A4 should be fine.

Cheers
Jobin

ksaravanans
Newly Registered

Link not opening

Post by ksaravanans » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Jobin,

The link provided is not opening, can i consider 35 * 35 specified by you for birth registration? or can you paste the specifications mentioned in the site?

ttp://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/Ic_App_documents.aspx?formcode=09

ksaravanans
Newly Registered

Re: Link not opening

Post by ksaravanans » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:34 pm

ksaravanans wrote:Hi Jobin,

The link provided is not opening, can i consider 35 * 35 specified by you for birth registration? or can you paste the specifications mentioned in the site?

ttp://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/Ic_App_documents.aspx?formcode=09
Sorry...i just checked the site and specs are as below

Note:- 1. Needs to upload minor child passport size photograph and parent signature.
2. Image Dimension of Photograph should be 100(Width) * 120(Hight) Pixel only.
3. Image Dimension of Signature should be 140(Width) * 60(Hight) Pixel only.
4. Ensure that the size of the scanned images are not more than 20kb.
5. Uploading images should be in jpg format only.
6. Use the Microsoft picture manager for resizing the images

ksaravanans
Newly Registered

Post by ksaravanans » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:27 am

jobinscaria wrote:
amolrakheja wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:
Hi Jobin

Thanks in advance
Amol
Hi Amol,

As per section 4(1) of citizenship act, a child born abroad has to be registered with the cocerened Indian mission abroad in order to apply for an Indian passport by descent. Previously, you used to able to submit the birth registration form as well as the passport on the same day in London HC. So they used to issue 2 tokens, and you apply for birth registration first in the consulate office and then apply for passport showing the receipt issued by consulate. They have changed it in London, now when you apply for passport you have to take a copy of birth certificate issued by HC. I am not sure when they changed it and don't know whether it is the same in other consulates. One of the applicant told me that both could be done on the same day in Birmingham, he mistakenly went there in the first place, but was under London HC jurisdiction. Also best to have the passport application as well handy just in case if they changed it back to apply on the same day, to be sensible. I doubt this be the case.

I took one photo 35*45 on white background for passport and another one 35*35 on off white background( the specification on the consulate website says light background and not white) for birth registration.I am not sure how strict they are on the photo rules. I took a photo of the signature, both photo and signature were resized using Microsoft picture manager. I took a colour print out, but I don't think it matters, because the only colour thing in the form is the photo and you anyway got to affix a photo on top of the printed photo.

Yep, special delivery A4 should be fine.

Cheers
Jobin
A quick question...what happens after submitting online ? Does the application only gets processed only after we submit the same in person? when can we make passport application after that?