ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I book the appointments this way?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tom15
Newly Registered

can I book the appointments this way?

Post by Tom15 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi

Can you guys please guide me if I am doing anything wrong...

I tried to look for the visa dates but couldn't get it, my visa expires in the first week of february

Some ppl told that they can book a slot for me in this January.

But
Can I do this way like...

1)Book an appointment with one person as a representative
2)Book an another appointment with the other person too
3)Book an another appointment with the other person too (just saying as an example)

and If I get the earliest and nearest one I am thinking to opt for that......

can a person do this way.... like booking with 3 persons and cancel the other two and going with the right one...

Can you guide me if there are any issues or risks with it...

Thanks

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:03 pm

try getting one first mate... :lol:
Manka

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Your appointments need to include everyone when you book them, you cannot change them after the fact.

Tom15
Newly Registered

Post by Tom15 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:12 pm

mulderpf wrote:Your appointments need to include everyone when you book them, you cannot change them after the fact.

Can you please elaborate it please...

So I cant ask random people to book for an appointment and choose the best one?

I didnt really got that ... can you explain

Thanks

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm

You can do that but it is against UKBA rules and it is better that you dont have more than one appointment at the same time.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Tom15 wrote:
mulderpf wrote:Your appointments need to include everyone when you book them, you cannot change them after the fact.

Can you please elaborate it please...

So I cant ask random people to book for an appointment and choose the best one?

I didnt really got that ... can you explain

Thanks
What is meant here is, if you have several dependants applying with you, then your appointment will need to include the main applicant and dependants together. You cannot book an appointment for one person and then later change it to include your dependants.

However, from what you have stated, I don't believe this is what you mean to do. See what you should and should not do when using the UKBA appointment booking facility: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/

Tom15
Newly Registered

Post by Tom15 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:10 pm

What actually happened was due to no dates available
I have been to a representative and booked a slot with him ...but he has booked a very late slot for me and thats very long distant too..

All I am thinking is booking a new appointment with a new representative in a nearest place to me ,,,which will be more convenient to me...

1) So what should I do with the first one?
2) How can I change it?
3) Do I need to contact the first representative ?
In order to make the second representative to change the time slot.

Idk much of this things ,, can you guide me please.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:28 pm

1) Ideally, ask your first representative to reschedule your appointment to the date & PEO you want. There are options to cancel or reschedule an existing booking in the system.

OR if that's not possible then

2) Ask for the above appointment to be cancelled and book a new appointment for the date & PEO you require. You can either try to do this yourself or through a different rep if that is what you are planning to do.

Note that booking multiple speculative appointments is generally frowned upon, but there currently doesn't appear to be any restrictions in the UKBA appointment booking system to stop this.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:54 pm

UKBA wrote: You should book only 1 appointment, for the date and time that you need. If you cannot attend the appointment that you have booked, you must cancel or reschedule it.
UKBA wrote: Do not book speculative appointments. You should not book an appointment until you know that you, or the person who you represent, can and will attend the appointment.

Tom15
Newly Registered

Post by Tom15 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 pm

But can I do this way?

Book the appointment for the second one with other representative and then cancel the first one, after confirming that the second one is confirmed.

so that I will also be in peace of mind.

Can you guys reply ASAP please

a humble request soon please....

goodies901

Post by goodies901 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 am

I think they've answered you already??
You can do that but it's not advisable. Get your current rep or the new rep to reschedule the existing appointment.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:50 am

Just stick to the rules - at least there's no chance of it backfiring (because these things tend to happen when you try and play the system!). Speak to your representatives and get them to advise you on what the best thing is to do.

ukguyinlondon

Post by ukguyinlondon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi Tom,

I have just sent you a PM. There is a post on the londonseye blog which has good tips on appt booking. Pl check it out and give it a try.

There are also other messages in this forum which discusses this in detail.

I have a friend who got this appt booked for 1st Feb (i think), but doesn't look as though he will be using it, as his visa expires on the 14th Jan.

I am not very sure, but maybe releasing that appt slot may get the ukba site to display the available appt immediately..

Happy to help further and hope your appt gets sorted!

Kind regards,
Muzammil