ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR leave > 180 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

v3

ILR leave > 180 days

Post by v3 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi All,

I read about the new guidance that came in december 13 2012. I have 2 queries and hoping to get an answer from all you intelligent folks

1. is the current rule 180 days per year ?

2. I came to UK on Jan 8 2008 and my ILR is currently due to apply, I have already taken an extension till dec 2014.

twice i went to India for long time

a. Jan 17 to september 17 2010 : I was supposed to fly back to UK within 2 months (march 17) but had a major operation done to my heart. I have supporting medical certificate by surgeon for not to fly for 4 months (In summary total 210 days with 135 days of medical compassionate leave + 75 days family visit)

b. jan 2012 to june 2012: this time when i went to India ..I had a different operation and have medical certificate from hospital and surgeon confirming that i was not fit to fly for 4 months. ( 115 days of medical compassionate leave + 60 days family visit)

so looking at my situation and new rule changes can i apply for my ILR anytime in a month or so ?
cheers
v3

needilr
Newly Registered

ILR new rules - >180 days

Post by needilr » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:56 am

In 2009-2010 I was outside the uk for more than 180 days due to some official projects that my company had given me. But at the same time there was a family emergency (My father was unwell for a period of 2-3 months and eventually he passed away in Jun 2009) .Due to a combination of both these factors I had gone to India for 197 days . .I have supporting letter from my company stating that I was there on official purposes and that I was paid in the UK. Based on the new rule that has come in to effect from Dec 13 2012 I am told that a person cannot stay outside uk in a given year for more than 180 days. Is my understanding of the new rule correct ? As per earlier rules I am told that abences due to employment commitments were not considered as absences but this is not the case in the new rule. Can you please help
Wat are my options? i took certain actions based on earlier rules . How can i change my past actions for new rules that have come in now?