ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success CROYDON @ 04/01/2013 (FANTASTIC CUSTOMER CARE)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saran79

ILR Success CROYDON @ 04/01/2013 (FANTASTIC CUSTOMER CARE)

Post by saran79 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I am very grateful to all the members of this forum. Thank you very much every one. without the forum's help I have not got the guts to do it myself..

Documents submitted:( HSMP + Tier 1)

1) Application form SET O ( MAIN + 1 dependent)
2) photographs + passports
3) 12 month payslips.
4) 12 month Bank statements.
5) life in UK test pass letters.
6) co- habitation documents.

and photo copies of the above except application form.

First of all I thank CROYDON staff for the fantastic customer care.

After payment and bio-metrics the case worker(lady) called my token number, she told me dump all the documents that i wanted to support my application,which i did. She then told me to sit in the waiting area or comeback.
she called me after 1.5 hours and told me that my ILR have been approved and my BRP will be in post by 7 days.

She returned all my docs and co-hab docs( + photocopies).

Anyway I didn't mind.
Thank you again for all the contributors of the forum.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Congrats Saran for getting your ILR.

Good to see some one appreciating Croydon staff :wink:
Techie

humanvoid

Re: ILR Success CROYDON @ 04/01/2013 (FANTASTIC CUSTOMER CAR

Post by humanvoid » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 pm

saran79 wrote:
First of all I thank CROYDON staff for the fantastic customer care.

So what was so exciting about staff at Croydon? Not so clear from your story.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Congrat's saran79! Its good to hear that you had a good experience at Croydon PEO. For the benefit of many others on this forum, I have a few questions related to absences which I hope you can answer:

a) did you have any absences?
b) if so were they within the allowed new 180 day annual threshold?
c) were any absences, unpaid - i.e. during time periods where you were unemployed or in-between contracts?
d) as you haven't listed an employer letter in your list of submitted items, I presume you did not submit one (as it is indeed not required according to the new rules); But did the case worker ask any questions in relation to your absences (that is, if you had any)?

ramanvirk

Post by ramanvirk » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 pm

[quote="saran79"]

congrats..

didn't you submit a P60?

saran79

Post by saran79 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:43 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Congrat's saran79! Its good to hear that you had a good experience at Croydon PEO. For the benefit of many others on this forum, I have a few questions related to absences which I hope you can answer:

c) were any absences, unpaid - i.e. during time periods where you were unemployed or in-between contracts?
d) as you haven't listed an employer letter in your list of submitted items, I presume you did not submit one (as it is indeed not required according to the new rules); But did the case worker ask any questions in relation to your absences (that is, if you had any)?
I HAD THE FOLLOWING ABSENCES

Date out Date in purpose Total Days
11/04/2008 26/05/2008 Study 45
24/07/2008 10/08/2008 Uncle’s bereavement 16 (unpaid)
22/05/2009 14/06/2009 Sister’s marriage 23
14/02/2010 07/03/2010 My marriage 21

I had attached a letter detailing the reasons for absences.

I had submitted the employer letter , but the case worker return it back.

More over, she didn't even ask me anything, she told me just put all your documents in the box. Later she told me that my ILR was approved.

saran79

Post by saran79 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:47 pm

ramanvirk wrote:
saran79 wrote:
congrats..

didn't you submit a P60?
I had 5 years p60 with me , but i didn't give it to the case worker, i thought if she ask for it, then i will submit. She didn't ask me anything.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 pm

saran79 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:Congrat's saran79! Its good to hear that you had a good experience at Croydon PEO. For the benefit of many others on this forum, I have a few questions related to absences which I hope you can answer:

I HAD THE FOLLOWING ABSENCES

Date out Date in purpose Total Days
11/04/2008 26/05/2008 Study 45
24/07/2008 10/08/2008 Uncle’s bereavement 16 (unpaid)
22/05/2009 14/06/2009 Sister’s marriage 23
14/02/2010 07/03/2010 My marriage 21

I had attached a letter detailing the reasons for absences.

I had submitted the employer letter , but the case worker return it back.

More over, she didn't even ask me anything, she told me just put all your documents in the box. Later she told me that my ILR was approved.
Thanks for providing answers to these questions. As you applied as a T1G Migrant, you didn't need a employer letter, so that's probably why the case worker returned it. Looks like you had an easy going caseworker & good experience today, which is refreshing to hear when it comes to Croydon PEO.

thatsy

Post by thatsy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:16 am

@cs95tdg, is it your understanding that a T1G applicant for ILR doesn't need proof for their absences (paid or not)? I have a long absence of just under 90 days which was only part paid. Total absences is less than 180 days over all 5 yrs combined. What's the best reason to give?

I know this is a grey area, but would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 pm

thatsy wrote:@cs95tdg, is it your understanding that a T1G applicant for ILR doesn't need proof for their absences (paid or not)? I have a long absence of just under 90 days which was only part paid. Total absences is less than 180 days over all 5 yrs combined. What's the best reason to give?

I know this is a grey area, but would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
It's true that we have a grey area when it comes to whether you were paid or unpaid during your absences. But the more I read the experiences posted on this forum (since 13th Dec 2012), the more I'm inclined to believe that its a non issue - at least in cases where the absences are not long in length (I haven't yet seen a case where someone had very long unpaid absences which were within the 180 day annual threshold, so cannot form an informed opinion on that yet). Additionally there is nothing in the SET(O) form that asks you to declare whether you were paid or not during the absence periods you mention. It can only become an issue if a case worker notices a long gap in your earnings by looking at your employment history.

In your case, I would list the absence as a work related absence and leave it at that. My take is that, so long as you are within the 180 day annual threshold during your 5 years & do not have many significantly long absences during this period then you will be fine. No employer letter is required, though I've seen many T1G applicants on this forum get employer letters confirming this to provide in the event a case worker asks the question (even though the immigration rules & guidance do not require this). I have to say that I can't recall seeing any cases so far on this forum, where a case worker has asked for an Employer letter from a T1G applicant, but I may be wrong.

Note when I say 180 day annual threshold, I mean 180 days absences are allowed within the 12 consecutive month periods during your 5 year residence counting back from your ILR application date.