ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ShahG.
Newly Registered

Good Character Question

Post by ShahG. » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Section 3 Question 3.1 to 3.5, My wife is a house wife so dont know what to fill here

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:55 pm

state house wife in 3.1 and n/a for the rest

kindle

Post by kindle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:13 am

ban.s wrote:state house wife in 3.1 and n/a for the rest
I got my ILR after 5years working, that means I am not a housewife, due to some reasons I don't work at the moment, if I apply for BC now, how should I fill in 3.1 to 3.5? Can I state unemployed? Or should I apply until finding a job?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:19 am

You state what you are.

If you are unemployed then you can only say your are unemployed.

There is no requirement to be in employment to get naturalised.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 am

kindle wrote:
I got my ILR after 5years working, that means I am not a housewife,
OK. I assumed you were filling up your wife's form.

if you are completing your own form then your wife's status is irrelevant. Not sure why did you mention in the first post!

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 am

Two different member asking two different question, or maybe one member using two different ids. :? :shock:

ShahG.
Newly Registered

Post by ShahG. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 am

ban.s wrote:
kindle wrote:
I got my ILR after 5years working, that means I am not a housewife,
OK. I assumed you were filling up your wife's form.

if you are completing your own form then your wife's status is irrelevant. Not sure why did you mention in the first post!
Sorry i should have made it clearer, I am filling the form for my wife. Question 3.2 has 4 options but none for unemployed

kindle

Post by kindle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Sorry ban.s, I didn't describe it clear. Asim72 is right, I am a different member from shahG.

I am wondering what should I fill in 3.1 to 3.5? I am not a house wife. I got my ILR based on 5 years working but due to some reasons I haven't got much work afterwards. My friend said if I want to apply for BC I must have a job because I am different from a house wife who got their ILR based on dependent. So I got confused.

Hope get some help.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:49 pm

kindle wrote:Sorry ban.s, I didn't describe it clear. Asim72 is right, I am a different member from shahG.

I am wondering what should I fill in 3.1 to 3.5? I am not a house wife. I got my ILR based on 5 years working but due to some reasons I haven't got much work afterwards. My friend said if I want to apply for BC I must have a job because I am different from a house wife who got their ILR based on dependent. So I got confused.

Hope get some help.
Whoever told you that you need to be in a job to apply for BC is an idiot or on drugs.

You just write down "unemployed" and put down details of the jobcentre you are claiming at. Simple.

kindle

Post by kindle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Thank you very much for your reply asim72.

Where should I put down details of the jobcentre I am claiming at? (I didn't claim any Jobseeker's Allowance.) I went to my local Jobcentre Plus three months ago trying to get some help and they let me get some job information from the machine. So I did and sent lots of my CV online afterwards. But there is no answer at all so far. Do you mean I need to write a covering letter?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I think you need some counselling because you seem to be overstressed about a problem which does not exist.

First of all, if you are unemployed then you should have claimed jobseekers allowance. Claiming jobseekers allowance or not claiming it wont have any effect on your nationality though.

If someone claims jobseekers allowance or other benefits, then they put down the address of jobcentre as their employers.

IF you do not claim any benefits, then under profession you can write "unemployed" and leave employer's details blank.

Common, this is all just common sense, not rocket science, is it.

kindle

Post by kindle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Thank you so much for your help asim72. Yes probably I am worried too much. Excuse me for my stupid questions.

I didn't claim Jobseeker's Allowance because my friends said:' Don't claim any benefits, otherwise your naturalisation application will be refused.' Actually I claimed child benefits last month but it is still pending. In this case should I put down the address of jobcentre as my employer?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 pm

I think I have given information for you to make an informed decision. You are just repeating the same question. Just read my previous post again.

Whoever told you that claiming jobseekers allowance will result in naturalisation refusal must be a brainless idiot.

I would say, immediately claim JSA. Look for how to claim online. Best is to claim by phone. They will then give you an appointment to go to jobcentre. But the claim will be paid to you from the date you ring.

kindle

Post by kindle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Thank you once again asim72.