ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residence visa /Gaps not sure

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jamiluddin

10 year long residence visa /Gaps not sure

Post by jamiluddin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

I’m very worried about my long residence visa .I am in uk for 10 years with legal stay. Currently I am on tier 1 Visa valid until March 2014. I want to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence.
I've recently received my SAR from homeoffice. On one occasion my student visa was valid until 30 September 2005. I applied for an extension through my university that time. 30th September 2005 was Friday ,and on the SAR the application raised date is on 3rd October 2005 (Monday), does this mean they have received the application on 3rd October2005 or its the post date. They have marked the application form ‘’Invalid ‘’ saying that it was an outdated application form. They returned my form to the university on 17th October 2005 but kept my application fees . My university sent a new form on 27th October 2005 and received my visa on 8th November 2005. In one page of the SAR the case worker mentioned the invalid application as in- time application and when the visa was issued the case worker in another page mentioned as Out of time application by 2 days.
can anybody tell my if i have gaps

Graceofgod

Re: 10 year long residence visa /Gaps not sure

Post by Graceofgod » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 pm

jamiluddin wrote:I’m very worried about my long residence visa .I am in uk for 10 years with legal stay. Currently I am on tier 1 Visa valid until March 2014. I want to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence.
I've recently received my SAR from homeoffice. On one occasion my student visa was valid until 30 September 2005. I applied for an extension through my university that time. 30th September 2005 was Friday ,and on the SAR the application raised date is on 3rd October 2005 (Monday), does this mean they have received the application on 3rd October2005 or its the post date. They have marked the application form ‘’Invalid ‘’ saying that it was an outdated application form. They returned my form to the university on 17th October 2005 but kept my application fees . My university sent a new form on 27th October 2005 and received my visa on 8th November 2005. In one page of the SAR the case worker mentioned the invalid application as in- time application and when the visa was issued the case worker in another page mentioned as Out of time application by 2 days.
can anybody tell my if i have gaps
if your SAR says 2 days out of time then you do not need to worry as discretion can be applied to disregard that gap as long as that is one-off.

jamiluddin

hi

Post by jamiluddin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Visa until =30th September 2005(Friday)
Application raised date= 3rd October(Monday)2005
application invalid due to wrong form=17th October 2005
Asked to send correct form,new form sent=27th October 2005
Visa granted= 18th November 2005

could you please tell me if i have gap or not

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 am

vinny wrote:Note that between 1st August 2003 and 29 February 2008, they were supposed to request extra details and give you 28 days to respond before declaring an application as invalid.
You should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.