ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hello friends .. urgent help is required !!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mehwishf

hello friends .. urgent help is required !!

Post by Mehwishf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:52 pm

hello friends

i need your help regarding ILR application . my visa expired on jan 5 , 2013 . i had already applied for ILR and application was acknowledged on 31st Dec but now i withdraw my application on 7th jan as i have to travel urgent . my fees was not deducted .so just thought that i will now go for premium service .. but i read everywhere that for premium service your visa shouldnt expired . now what should i do . i will recieve my documents on 20 working days ..am hell worried ..

Mehwishf

urgent reply required

Post by Mehwishf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:34 pm

hi Guys ..

Friends if anyone knows anything about it .. do help me ..
thanx in advance !!

Regards,
Mehwish

Graceofgod

Re: urgent reply required

Post by Graceofgod » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Mehwishf wrote:hi Guys ..

thanx in advance !!

Regards,
Mehwish
Hi
Theoretically yes ,you have to have valid visa when you apply but You can state your personal circumstances while applying in person and this may be overlooked by a caseworker.
However, According to the new rules in place there is a compulsory refusal if any one applies more than 28 days out of time,so you need to act fast.

Mehwishf

Re: urgent reply required

Post by Mehwishf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:46 pm

thnx for your kind reply ..atleast its a positive answer making him hopeful :)
Graceofgod wrote:
Mehwishf wrote:hi Guys ..

thanx in advance !!

Regards,
Mehwish
Hi
Theoretically yes ,you have to have valid visa when you apply but You can state your personal circumstances while applying in person and this may be overlooked by a caseworker.
However, According to the new rules in place there is a compulsory refusal if any one applies more than 28 days out of time,so you need to act fast.

z18runway

Re: hello friends .. urgent help is required !!

Post by z18runway » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 am

Mehwishf wrote:hello friends

i need your help regarding ILR application . my visa expired on jan 5 , 2013 . i had already applied for ILR and application was acknowledged on 31st Dec but now i withdraw my application on 7th jan as i have to travel urgent . my fees was not deducted .so just thought that i will now go for premium service .. but i read everywhere that for premium service your visa shouldnt expired . now what should i do . i will recieve my documents on 20 working days ..am hell worried ..
How will you travel now as your visa expired, and how a person will be encoraged to apply at PEO with an expired visa and when the application has been withdrawn with the applicants own interest ?

seniors please correct me if iam wrong

Mehwishf

You r right !!

Post by Mehwishf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:34 am

hi ya ..

thanx for your reply ..

Actually visa was for Uk so i can go back to my country but cant again enter UK .. besides i urgently need to go becoz my dad is sick and before applying ofcourse i didn know that it gonna happen . secondly my documents are still with them as m waiting for 20 working days to pass . thirdly i wasnt able to withdraw application before becoz of vacations . my visa expired on 5th jan and i withdraw documents on 7th jan .. close enough and now waiting for documents which is taking long and making me helpless to do anything further :(

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 am

Yea you won't have an issue leaving the country but coming back you will need a visa again....
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

londener

Post by londener » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 am

Hi,

What sorts of reasons have you furnished when withdraw your application ?
I think you would n't get visa again after your expiry date if you haven't convinced Home Office and get permission before you leave The UK.
If it happens now you would be able to get stamp visa in your country.
This is just a rough idea and has nothing specific clue.
Wish you a speed recovery of your father.
Lon
believe in yourself !!!

londener

Post by londener » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:57 am

Seniors,

Is there any specific travel provision that Mehwishf can get from home office instead of withdrawing the application?

If this is the case he might surrender his decision of withdrawing an application again.
I advise you to take a reputed lawyers advise on this cause it takes a lots of time here and you may not get the solution you wanted.
Keep you cool !
Londener
believe in yourself !!!

Mehwishf

Post by Mehwishf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanx alot for ur Reply ..
slight correction, i am she not he :)
ok coming back to point .. when i withdraw my application i mentioned urgent tavel on that .. my visa expired on 5th jan and i withdraw application on 7th jan.. really close enough and wasnt able to do that before because of holidays here ( makes sense i think ) .. i immediately want to go for premium service as i really dont want to waste my 2 years by again applying for settlement form my country as i have 1 year old son and we are all settled here with my hubby (british citizen). but i am unable to do that just because my documents are with them and it will take 20 working days .. so waiting for them .i am kind of helpless at this time .. but i hope when i will go to office , they will get my point . and its not that i am applying after my visa expiry (yeah i will do it now) but i have hit home office before my visa expiry ...

now i really want some senior to help me out after reading all this :(

Regards and thnx in advance !!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Mehwishf wrote:Thanx alot for ur Reply ..
slight correction, i am she not he :)
ok coming back to point .. when i withdraw my application i mentioned urgent tavel on that .. my visa expired on 5th jan and i withdraw application on 7th jan.. really close enough and wasnt able to do that before because of holidays here ( makes sense i think ) .. i immediately want to go for premium service as i really dont want to waste my 2 years by again applying for settlement form my country as i have 1 year old son and we are all settled here with my hubby (british citizen) This might be the game changer in your favour. But still would need some deeper looking into the rules, probably with professional expertise. but i am unable to do that just because my documents are with them and it will take 20 working days .. so waiting for them .i am kind of helpless at this time .. but i hope when i will go to office , they will get my point . and its not that i am applying after my visa expiry (yeah i will do it now) but i have hit home office before my visa expiry ...

now i really want some senior to help me out after reading all this :(

Regards and thnx in advance !!
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Mehwishf

Post by Mehwishf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:11 am

thnx for reply ..

well today my husband called home office and the lady there said we can go for premium service withing 28 days after visa expiry (happy to know ) . but now the problem is my documents are still with them as it takes 20 working days . i have already booked an appointment for Premium service . can anyone plz suggest me how to speed up things . how can i get my documents as early as possible.

thanx in advance..

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:00 am

Mehwishf wrote:thnx for reply ..

well today my husband called home office and the lady there said we can go for premium service withing 28 days after visa expiry (happy to know ) . but now the problem is my documents are still with them as it takes 20 working days . i have already booked an appointment for Premium service . can anyone plz suggest me how to speed up things . how can i get my documents as early as possible.

thanx in advance..
well this clears my point and good that you got info from UKBA for your ILR. Best of luck.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 am

A suggestion, if you send your documents to Croydon could you not book your PEO appointment at Croydon then ask then to get the documents from the office when you get there. If you explain your predicament I'm sure they'll be understanding especially if your father is terminally ill. Perhaps ring up and ask where the documents are?

Mehwishf

Post by Mehwishf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanx alot for Ur reply..

My appointment is already booked at Croydon PEO .Today i called UKBA and asked about my documents and also about the option if they can send it to croydon office but lady there said that they cant send documents to Croydon office but she gave me fax number so that i can ask them for quick delivery of documents which i did in afternoon . now lets see how long i have to wait but m still in panic mode :(

Regards,
Mehwish

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Don't worry Mehwishf and good luck for your ILR application

Mehwishf

Post by Mehwishf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 am

Thanx alot everyone for your help and replies .. i got ILR today .. Now i am happy and relaxed.

stay happy everyone !
Regards :)

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am

Congrats! Well done

Mehwishf

Post by Mehwishf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 am

thanx alot :)

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Mehwishf wrote:thanx alot :)
you got the documents early after withdrawing it ?

Mehwishf

Post by Mehwishf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:19 pm

yes i got them exactly after 11 days ..

Regards,