ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas--urgent

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wow99

Post by wow99 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 pm

I am currently on tier 2 general and like to switch from tier 2 general to Tier 1 exceptional talent category. I have done PhD recently and have 5 international publications. Can someone who apply before or some one expert immigration adviser tell me that will I qualify for switching to tier 1 exceptional talent. I read the guidelines it is a little bit confusing...On the basis of those guidelines may be no one can qualify? I need some advices and suggestions specially from someone who applied before or have some comprehensive information and knowledge about UK Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas. Thanks

wow99

UK Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas

Post by wow99 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Any suggestions and advices to above post!!!!!
Surprise no one one know....
Thanks for looking and reading the post....

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:44 pm

There have been only a handle of successful applications in this visa category to date, which is probably why no one has replied to your post.

I don't think it is possible to switch into the exceptional talent category within the UK. You would have to leave the UK and apply from your home country.

Success relies on a judgement by one of the 'competent bodies' - Royal Society, British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering depending on your field - so it's not possible for someone on an internet forum to say whether you would qualify of not. Relevant questions would be the quality and reputation of the university awarding your PhD, whether you've published in high impact journals, whether you have been awarded any prestigious fellowships or competitive research grants, whether you have letters of support from senior academics etc. etc. Basically you need to be able to show that you have the potential to be a world-leader in your field.

wow99

Post by wow99 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Thank you for your reply anniecc.
The rule changes in December 2012 as
"Eligibility to apply in the UK
23. You are allowed to make an application in the UK (including switching from one immigration category to another) if you are here with permission to stay as:
• a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant;
• a Tier 2 (General) Migrant; or
• a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant, sponsored in the Government Authorised Exchange sub-category in an exchange scheme for sponsored researchers".
Can see full details
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance Version 12/2012.

I know it is really difficult to get/switch to UK Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas at the moment.
Anyway Many thanks anniecc

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Are you endorsed by one of the listed bodies? If not you won't get the visa regardless of where you apply. You may be able to switch in-country but would definitely need endorsement by one of the bodies first.

wow99

Post by wow99 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Yes you are right...
Thank you for your reply

mbz17
Newly Registered

Re: UK Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas--urgent

Post by mbz17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:54 pm

wow99 wrote:Thank you for your reply anniecc.
The rule changes in December 2012 as
"Eligibility to apply in the UK
23. You are allowed to make an application in the UK (including switching from one immigration category to another) if you are here with permission to stay as:
• a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant;
• a Tier 2 (General) Migrant; or
• a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant, sponsored in the Government Authorised Exchange sub-category in an exchange scheme for sponsored researchers".
Can see full details
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance Version 12/2012.

I know it is really difficult to get/switch to UK Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas at the moment.
Anyway Many thanks anniecc
yes above statement is true