ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to extend my Tier 1 before ILR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neeraj-hsmp
Newly Registered

Do I need to extend my Tier 1 before ILR ?

Post by neeraj-hsmp » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Dear Friends,

I came to UK on 28-Sep-2008 on workpermit ( visa stamped on 19-Sep-2008) and later moved to Tier 1(G) in June 2011. My Tier 1 expiers on 29-June-2013 and i will become elibigle for ILR on 19-August-2013. Do i need to extend my Tier 1 visa for just 2-3 months or there is a way i can avoid extending Tier 1 and directly apply for my ILR.

Appreciate your help.

Rgds
Neeraj Gogia

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 pm

U will need to apply for further leave to remain before u can apply for ILR

chopchak
Newly Registered

Post by chopchak » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi

I think there is a way out to this. Apply for you extension by post which is going to take few months. Submit your ILR application immediately after the same is due. One of my friend did the same and manged to save one fee. I have seen UKBA guidlines on this and will paste the link if i manged to find that again.