ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thanks to Allah Almighty, got my ILR Today at Glasgow PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dulu
Newly Registered

Thanks to Allah Almighty, got my ILR Today at Glasgow PEO

Post by Dulu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 pm

A big thank you to everybody in this forum.You people are doing a great great job really :) I have been a silent reader of this forum and literally it has helped me alot to prepare my application for ILR.Infact, this was the only forum that I used....To the new comers,do some hard work and do read the forum pages and i dont think that you ll need to ask anythin unless it a real confusion.Now a summary of the Glasgow PEO appointment n everythin.

Well,first of all,i had booked two appointments,one for 14th and one for 17th of January(just in case,u knw).On 10th of January a lady from UKBA called me and asked why have I booked two appointments.Jus told her to cancel the one on 17th and that I dont knw how i mananged to book two appointments.

Visa Type: SET(M) after two years of continuous stay
PEO: Glasgow
Appointment Date: 14/01/2013
Appointment time: 10.30am

Reached there at about 9.30am with partner,entered the PEO after airport style security :( After security check went to the reception counter.A very friendly and nice guy,a man actually :) ,asked me what m applying for and then told me to have a seat and that he ll give me the ticket at about 10.20am (mayb becz i was early).Waited there for some time n killed the time by reading women's magazines (there were no guy ones).Got the ticket at xactly 10.15am.

Got called at counter no.5 at 10.20am.Went there,a guy was waitin there,asked us to be seated.Scanned our passports.Asked me for the application form and LIUK Test result.I said i have got a cover letter as well if he wants that as well.He said,aaye,gimme it no probs.Then he asked for last 3 months payslips and bank statements.Asked if we were living together and in my case my wife's parents own the house so he asked if we have got some proof that they own the house.I gave him the utility billls and council tax bills in parents name.

Asked for proof of cohabitation.I had already organised the letters in 6 periods of 4 months each over the last two years,so i jus gave him the whole thing with the contents page at the start.He quickly read the contents page and ran through the letters very quickly.

Then he told us that everythin looks fine to him and that now we can go back and wait for the biometrics and they ll do some security checks and then ll tell the decision.He said it shud be all done by about 11.30am.I told him that i have got photocopy of every document with me if he needs any and he jus said nodded.He kept partners passport and all above documents with him and told us to go back and wait for biometrics announcement.Was a real friendly fella all in all.Even asked that who organised the file,i said me n he laughed and said that itz mostly the girls who are good at organising stuff.

Left the counter in no more than 10 minutes at most.Waited for about 15 minutes.Got for biometrics at abt 10.40 and then waited again for the decision.Lady at the biometrics kept MY original passport.

Got the call at counter 1 at 11.35am,went there and good news was waiting for us.A guy said that I have been granted ILR,gave us a wee letter and told us the card wud be with us in about 7 days.He returned all the originals as well. Now,we stood there a second and thought he is gonna ask us for the payment.But he said you can go now n thats all. We asked that are u not gonna take the payment.He smiled that itz already been taken from the payment details form u filled n we were like awwwwwww....... Saw the payment receipt when i came home and it had the time 10.47am on it,if anybody is interested....

Soo all in all,it only took about 1 hour and 20 minutes from submitting the application and receiving decision.A very positive xperience.My only tip is dont panic and be as organised as possible....Any question welcome. Once again thanks to everybody at the forum .

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Congratulations!

Did you submit your birth certificate?

Thanks

ukcastle
Newly Registered

Post by ukcastle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:34 am

Congratulation !
And thanks for sharing which would really help others .You are a helping one here.
Ukcastle

Dulu
Newly Registered

Post by Dulu » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 am

No problem guys. This forum helped me a lot in preparing my application so I ll try my best to help people here.No' I didn't submit my own birth certificate.The only birth certificate was my baby daughter's, as a proof of cohabitation.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:09 am

Congratulations.
We rarely hear from Glasgow! can you please provide us with further details about Glasgow PEO in terms of staff, treatment, proficiency, etc..
Bless you

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:35 am

Dulu wrote:No problem guys. This forum helped me a lot in preparing my application so I ll try my best to help people here.No' I didn't submit my own birth certificate.The only birth certificate was my baby daughter's, as a proof of cohabitation.
Thank you for your response, highly appreciated.

redbuta
Newly Registered

Post by redbuta » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 am

Congratulations!

We will go to Glasgow in Feb. Is it easy to find a parking space there in the morning? Also the street parking is Free there, right?

Thanks!

Dulu
Newly Registered

Post by Dulu » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Yeah the parking is free on the street.My appointment was in the morning and we had not any problem in finding a parking space.Its a big long street so you can park anywhere.

tnk1205bp
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks to Allah Almighty, got my ILR Today at Glasgow PE

Post by tnk1205bp » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Congats and thank you very much for sharing your experience