ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in the uk test my experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suis

life in the uk test my experience

Post by suis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 pm

hi all,
just to share my experience on my life in the UK test,
just managed to pass the exam by last Saturday in Bradfordc with my wife , we both managed to pass.

and i haven't studied much, just spend my lunch time in the office for couple of weeks,

majorly this link : http://www.theuktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/1

helped me lot, so if you can get at least 20 questions right on that link then you can definitely pass the exam,

if any one need any more on life in the uk test let me know i can guide

thanks
regards
suis

hsmp2010

questions

Post by hsmp2010 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:57 pm

ur test questions were of same pattern as of practise questions in official guide? I am scared of numbers and statistics like how much population of chineese r there? i hate these silly questions. could u tell me 2,3 ur test questions to have an idea please

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:13 pm

I would personally recommend to do the practice questions from the above provided link but also read the whole book twice. I must have practised hundreds of questions from the provided link still I got some questions which were in the official home office handbook and were not in the practice questions

sailesh

Post by sailesh » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 pm

hi all many thanks for the link which i got from the forum i passed it within 16 mins due to [url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewt ... p?t=107512 all what i did i bought the book read it once then hands on the above link for the question i did as much as i could and eventually the answers were coming automatically and hence i did the test by chapter individually and refer to the book as well where i brush up the things which were a bit annoying and could not stick to my mind best way hand on the question i quaranty you a week is too much to past it all depend how one person can remember good luck

lolainkent

Post by lolainkent » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I recommend the Life in the UK smart phone app. It was £3.99 and about half the questions on my test were the same (word for word) as the app. You can do mini tests on each topic, and then an over timed exam with 24 randomly chosen questions. Still need the book though.

sailesh

Post by sailesh » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:54 pm

http://h33t.com/torrent/02149732/life-i ... k-study-cd

the whole book into audio and also pdf u need a torrent software to download it 8)

londener

Re: life in the uk test my experience

Post by londener » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:20 pm

suis wrote:hi all,
just managed to pass the exam by last Saturday in Bradfordc with my wife , we both managed to pass.

and i haven't studied much, just spend my lunch time in the office for couple of weeks,

helped me lot, so if you can get at least 20 questions right on that link then you can definitely pass the exam,

thanks
regards
suis
I bought books and CD but think the link is sufficient.
Lon
believe in yourself !!!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:11 pm

I took short notes from the Hand book,into 2 CR Note Books. Practiced Questions from the above link . Got all 24 answers correct,in the Exam.. That must have been My lucky Day, when God did not go on Holiday.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 pm

Kevin24 wrote:I took short notes from the Hand book,into 2 CR Note Books. Practiced Questions from the above link . Got all 24 answers correct,in the Exam.. That must have been My lucky Day, when God did not go on Holiday.
100% result. Impressed! Bet you showed your charm to the receptionist there!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Thank you for your compliments. Unfortunately all 3 Ladies ,must have been over 50. It was nice of the Centre Manager to shake my hands.I thought it was the normal thing,until I checked my answers at home. Must show my charm to the receptionist at the PEO,better than you did.

creweman
Newly Registered

Post by creweman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:06 pm

lolainkent wrote:I recommend the Life in the UK smart phone app. It was £3.99 and about half the questions on my test were the same (word for word) as the app. You can do mini tests on each topic, and then an over timed exam with 24 randomly chosen questions. Still need the book though.
I disagree completely my wife as the test on her ipad and she's taken it at least 500 times easy and as passed every time and does 60 questions at a time.
However went for her test and got 14 correct and out of the 7 people that where their they all failed and 5 of the where using this app.
It's false hope for people and exploitation. However have found a new website hey charged £20.00 but the questions are the same as the test .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:17 pm

creweman wrote:
lolainkent wrote:I recommend the Life in the UK smart phone app. It was £3.99 and about half the questions on my test were the same (word for word) as the app. You can do mini tests on each topic, and then an over timed exam with 24 randomly chosen questions. Still need the book though.
I disagree completely my wife as the test on her ipad and she's taken it at least 500 times easy and as passed every time and does 60 questions at a time.
However went for her test and got 14 correct and out of the 7 people that where their they all failed and 5 of the where using this app.
It's false hope for people and exploitation. However have found a new website hey charged £20.00 but the questions are the same as the test .
Don't rely only on the website alone, study the Hand Book also. You have to really put in some hard work.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Also there are web sites offering @ £12.99 .Wishing all the very best.

DieselD

Re: life in the uk test my experience

Post by DieselD » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:44 am

suis wrote:hi all,

thanks
regards
suis
Tried the test on your link and got 79% without opening the book. Questions seem mostly logical. Are you saying there is only 25 questions in the test?
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

lolainkent

Post by lolainkent » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 am

creweman wrote:
But you still have the buy the book! The app supplements what you've studied in the textbook. Reason being that you can simply memorise all the app questions, and then when they're reworded differently on the exam, you get lost. It's not a shortcut out of reading/paying for the handbook.

How are any of you getting your actual result from the exam? I took mine in Maidstone, Kent back in Sept and they told all of us there that we either found out if we passed or failed, not the exact score.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 pm

You are absolutely right. I was not told the score after the Test. My assessment is based on My answers. Most of the questions were some what similar,to the ones during my quick study.I know for sure I got all 24 right.May be if I get My SAR file or at a PEO appointment I could confirm the actual result.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Kevin24 wrote:You are absolutely right. I was not told the score after the Test. My assessment is based on My answers. Most of the questions were some what similar,to the ones during my quick study.I know for sure I got all 24 right.May be if I get My SAR file or at a PEO appointment I could confirm the actual result.
No matter how many practice questions one answer, book is a must. Best way to do is to give a shot at practice questions first, then read the book and then again start with the practice question, you will see te difference.

When I went for my PEO appointment, I was like I am going to ask for my score but at that time you just can't think of anything else.

SAR file is a joke. I applied for one in mid December, so I can get it for my PEO appointment but it still hasn't arrived. And it's been 3 weeks since I have been to PEO too. More than 2 months and no sign of it yet. As I have got ILR approved I seriously feel like writing to them that I don't need it anymore and not to waste time in creating my file as this is a height of incompetency. Just a rant!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Thank you Sir for your valuable,informative and professional advise. All the points are noted. I am sure with that mode of study you would have definitely scored 100 marks.. Why didn't you ask for your score?/ ( may be thinking of the blond receptionist at the PEO Hm...).

Please answer the query on Section 5-Set (o) on this page.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Thank you Sir for your valuable,informative and professional advise. All the points are noted. I am sure with that mode of study you would have definitely scored 100 marks.. Why didn't you ask for your score?/ ( may be thinking of the blond receptionist at the PEO Hm...).

Please answer the query on Section 5-Set (o) on this page.
Not even a thought of it passed my head when I was sitting in front of the CW. It definitely wasn't 100%, otherwise CW normally compliment which I never got :-) Not that bothers me

lolainkent

Post by lolainkent » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Kevin24 wrote:You are absolutely right. I was not told the score after the Test. My assessment is based on My answers. Most of the questions were some what similar,to the ones during my quick study.I know for sure I got all 24 right.May be if I get My SAR file or at a PEO appointment I could confirm the actual result.
Alright, that makes sense! I'm quite certain I got 100% on mine too (my favourite question: "which sport has the FA Cup Final") but I was surprised that we didn't get actual confirmation of our scores.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 am

The test centre guys only know if you have passed or failed so they can't tell you your score. Ukba CW might reveal that if you ask them at your appointment.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

hsmp2010

test

Post by hsmp2010 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 am

can anybody please post here any real test questions or link where can i get them thanx

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

My advise is for you to buy the Official Questions from TSO,book shop. Other wise Google and see there are several websites ,who offer free / paid question bases. I really put in some hard work to pass the Test.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:34 am

As I recently took and passed the LIUK test I wish to comment on a few things:

Reading material - Irrespective of how you like to study, it makes sense to read the official study material (2012 edition) at least once. You do not necessarily need to buy the book, just borrow from your local library. This is what I did.

Practice Questions - Once you're done reading and understanding the different subject matters then go through as many practice questions as you can. The book has 16 sets of practice questions comprising 25 questions each and there are numerous websites offering free practice tests. The actual test itself will also comprise 25 questions from the book but not necessarily phrased the same way as in the practice questions. I do not advise ignoring the book and relying solely on practice questions to pass the actual test. It is important to read and understand the various topics as some questions maybe tricky and test your ability to compare and draw conclusions from informed knowledge (from the book and every day life in the UK).

The test - In my case we were given a few minutes to try out some mock questions if we wished to before taking the actual test. Make sure you arrive in enough time for the staff to check and verify your ID, also for you to settle down without feeling rushed. You will have 45 minutes to answer 25 questions which in my opinion is ample time for anyone who is prepared. I completed my test in 4 minutes and only because i went through my answers twice afterwards! That's how easy it can be. I was not given my score only the pass certificate so I do not know exactly how well I did but think I was only unsure of 3 questions.

The whole process from studying to taking the test is not too tasking if you plan in enough time to study, revise, practice and then go for it!

Good luck Everyone!

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 am

I just got my ILR on 20th Feb. To help the fellow members of this forum, I put together an android app with my study notes as flash cards and its FREE to download.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... k.revision or search "lifeinthe UK" in google play store.

Go ahead and make use of it and All the best.

Warm Regards,
Senthil