ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application submission after 28 days of visa expire

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier 4
- thin ice -

ILR Application submission after 28 days of visa expire

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Long Residence (10 Years): Continuous Residence
Q.
I have previously made an application for further leave to remain 7 days after my original leave expired. Will my residence in the UK be deemed as legally continuous?
A.
A single period of 10 days or less with no valid leave to remain in the UK will be disregarded and so for these purposes your legal leave shall be deemed to have been continuous.
We will also allow your ILR application to be submitted up to 28 days after your last period of further leave expires

Got an automatal response of Settlement Operational Policy Team, just didn't get the last bold para. :cry:
N/A

Graceofgod

Re: ILR Application submission after 28 days of visa expire

Post by Graceofgod » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Tier 4 wrote:Long Residence (10 Years): Continuous Residence
Q.
I have previously made an application for further leave to remain 7 days after my original leave expired. Will my residence in the UK be deemed as legally continuous?
A.
A single period of 10 days or less with no valid leave to remain in the UK will be disregarded and so for these purposes your legal leave shall be deemed to have been continuous.
We will also allow your ILR application to be submitted up to 28 days after your last period of further leave expires

Got an automatal response of Settlement Operational Policy Team, just didn't get the last bold para. :cry:
I think it means if you have completed your ten years lawful stay in the existing leave then they would allow upto 28days from the expiry date of your leave but i doubt it applies to 10 year ilr application.