ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India Passport renewal

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rockwell31

India Passport renewal

Post by rockwell31 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:42 am

Hi,
My daughter's passport (due aug. 2013) and my passport (due dec 2013) due for renewal. I ve two doubts regarding renewal.
1) can I renew both together by Feb. 2013, as I'm planning for travel during aug and dec of this year?
2) I live in Northern Ireland, can I send passport to Dublin Indian Embassy for renewal. I'm in Tier-1 visa. I heard, it is quicker than London office also nearer to me. Legally is it correct to send passport to Ireland from UK?

I tried to find similar cases or queries, but couldn't.

Thanks for your effort.

Rw.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Hello rockwell31

You can renew both together by Feb 2013. Indian passport renewals are normally allowed upto 1 year before & after expiry.

Not sure about sending your passport to Dublin Indian embassy. As far as I am aware you should not send your passport out of the country. But wait for responses from other seniors.

But if I was you, I would go to the embassy/consulate personally. India has an embassy in London and consulates in Birmingham, Cardiff and Edinburgh. More information can be found here. http://www.hcilondon.in/passport.php

Hope this helps