ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on 30th Jan in Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aaeran

ILR on 30th Jan in Croydon

Post by aaeran » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR on 30th Jan in Croydon along with 1 dependant. Also, taking my six months old baby along but not applying for his ILR as planning to register for citizenship straight after. I am currently on HSMP + Tier 1 General and employed full-time.

Documents organised in the order are:
- Application Form Set (O) - version 12/2012
- Life in the UK Pass Notification x2
- Absences from the UK Sheet - 228 days (mostly work apart from annual family trips to India)
- Earning evidence - Type 1 - Payslips x12
- Earning evidence - Type 2 - Bank statements x12
- Employer letter confirming salary paid in last 12 months - Safety net - not ticked in the earnings section
- Cohabitant evidence (in joint name) - Type 1 - Water bills x5
- Cohabitant evidence (in joint name) - Type 2 - Bank statements x24 (different from earning evidence)
- Cohabitant evidence (in joint name) - Type 3 - Mortgage letters x8
- Evidence of funds - Savings statements (I was not clear on evidence required for 'Your Finances' in Section 11A, so decided to take savings statements)

Separate set that consists of photocopies of in the following order:
- Relevant pages of all the passports
- Above documents except for the application form

Both original and photocopy to be given to case worker.

In addition, also carrying the following documents as a safety net organised in the following order. These documents will only be given if case worker ask for it.
- P60 - last five years
- Photocopy of the P60s
- Tier 1 General extension approval letter
- Tier 1 Dependant approval letter
- HSMP approval letter

Please let me know if I have missed anything (hopefully not!).

...and wish me luck :)

Regards

aaeran

Post by aaeran » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:53 am

50 views no suggestions!

Any thoughts please. I am eagerly waiting...

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

This seems fine so far, Cant fault it or see anything you're missing. Moderators, can you shed more on this please?

Many Thanks

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: ILR on 30th Jan in Croydon

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:50 am

aaeran wrote:Hi,

I am applying for ILR on 30th Jan in Croydon along with 1 dependant. Also, taking my six months old baby along but not applying for his ILR as planning to register for citizenship straight after. I am currently on HSMP + Tier 1 General and employed full-time.

Documents organised in the order are:
- Application Form Set (O) - version 12/2012
- Life in the UK Pass Notification x2
- Absences from the UK Sheet - 228 days (mostly work apart from annual family trips to India)
- Earning evidence - Type 1 - Payslips x12
- Earning evidence - Type 2 - Bank statements x12
- Employer letter confirming salary paid in last 12 months - Safety net - not ticked in the earnings section
- Cohabitant evidence (in joint name) - Type 1 - Water bills x5
- Cohabitant evidence (in joint name) - Type 2 - Bank statements x24 (different from earning evidence)
- Cohabitant evidence (in joint name) - Type 3 - Mortgage letters x8
- Evidence of funds - Savings statements (I was not clear on evidence required for 'Your Finances' in Section 11A, so decided to take savings statements)

Separate set that consists of photocopies of in the following order:
- Relevant pages of all the passports
- Above documents except for the application form

Both original and photocopy to be given to case worker.

In addition, also carrying the following documents as a safety net organised in the following order. These documents will only be given if case worker ask for it.
- P60 - last five years
- Photocopy of the P60s
- Tier 1 General extension approval letter
- Tier 1 Dependant approval letter
- HSMP approval letter

Please let me know if I have missed anything (hopefully not!).

...and wish me luck :)

Regards
Looks alright to me .
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

jsamad

Post by jsamad » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 am

I guess you can Add Marriage Certificate too. I had done it.
And also include P60's to give to CW

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 am

jsamad wrote:I guess you can Add Marriage Certificate too. I had done it.
And also include P60's to give to CW
for Tier(1) p60's not mandatory. I would suggest to take them but not give to CW unless asked. Make it simple to CW. Add Marriage Certificate if you have one.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

sudeepforu
Newly Registered

payment

Post by sudeepforu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi aaeran,

My suggestion is to take multiple pages for payment filled with different card details from different banks. Also inform the bank early that a huge sum of payment will be made and not to block it.

Sometimes banks block payment if there is a large payment.

So if one payment fails, you can always rely on the other one.

BTW,
Can you also please reply with your date of HSMP Stamp, Date of entry, Date of tier-1 Expiry as well? Mine is also similar case, just want to know about 5 year qualifying period.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:15 am

Hi All,

I am going for ILR tomorrow at Croydon.

Basis: HSMP + T1 (G).

I want to ask about providing a separate UK Absences Sheet. I have been absent for 151 days over 5 year period. All were family visits. No absence of more than 90 days.

Is it important to do a spreadsheet as most people have done? I have filled out the relevant section in SET (O), however, the section does not ask for number of days. It only asks "Date left", "Date entered" and "Reason for visit".

Shall I put down the number of days for each absence in brackets next to "Reason for visit". Or

Shall I provide a separate spreadsheet with reasons paid leave/unpaid leave etc IMHO I don't want to confuse the CW with extra spreadsheet.

Please contribute and help. I have to go in tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
gen

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 am

genuflexion wrote:Hi All,

I am going for ILR tomorrow at Croydon.

Basis: HSMP + T1 (G).

I want to ask about providing a separate UK Absences Sheet. I have been absent for 151 days over 5 year period. All were family visits. No absence of more than 90 days.

Is it important to do a spreadsheet as most people have done? I have filled out the relevant section in SET (O), however, the section does not ask for number of days. It only asks "Date left", "Date entered" and "Reason for visit".

Shall I put down the number of days for each absence in brackets next to "Reason for visit". Or

Shall I provide a separate spreadsheet with reasons paid leave/unpaid leave etc IMHO I don't want to confuse the CW with extra spreadsheet.

Please contribute and help. I have to go in tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
No absence sheet is needed if you are on Tier 1.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

aaeran

Post by aaeran » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Just wanted to update all with my experience on 30th in UKBA, Croydon.

Everything went fairly well and things moved very quickly. For example, my ticket number was announced while I was collecting my payment receipt.

There was a bit of confusion when I went to register for biometric. It was on far right and we were sitting in the beginning (near the entry/exist door) due to the push chair. And biometric counter numbers were not unique. So, when the number was announced, we went to the other counter. Due to this, biometric registration got delayed by 30 mins.

My advise would be to go and sit near the biometric area (far right).

After biometric, called immediately by case worker. Although, I had to delay it by 15 mins due to baby nappy changing session.

So, once I was back, my number was being announced (this time by the lady at customer service desk). Went to the desk and she allocated me the counter.

Went to the counter and saw the case worker. Case worker only asked for the photocopies. He did not look at any of my originals.

Documents he asked for:
Application form (obviously)
Copy of payslips and bank statements (earning evidence)
Copy of cohabitation documents (I gave him all three types I have gathered, he picked a mix from them and returned the rest)
Copy of passports (front page and UK visa only)
Copy of UK absence sheet

Asked me to wait. Called back in about 30 mins.

Said 'granted'...and I was relieved!! Surprisingly, case worker did not take much time because I saw the guy next to my counter submitting documents before me (don't know under which category) and was waiting when I was leaving. I guess every case is different.

Advised that BRP card will arrive in 5 working days.

But, my card arrived on Sat (on third day). It should have actually arrived on Fri before 5pm as told by DX (I called them on the number provided in the forum). But, the courier guy decided to only deliver on Sat mid-day.

So, overall, my experience was quite good. I spent about 3 hours (which could have been less if I did not have the baby with me).

Thank you very much to this forum for the support and guidance.

All the best!