ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) for PBS dependent of person who recently got ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

allgo

SET(O) for PBS dependent of person who recently got ILR

Post by allgo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi guys
I was a Tier 1 visa holder and got my ILR recently. My wife is on PBS dependent visa which is valid until Sep 2014. She completes 2 years in the UK on April 2013. I checked in this forum earlier as well as with UKBA and seems she can continue on her existing PBS dependent visa even though my visa status has changed to ILR.
Now I gather she has to now apply using SET(O). I have a few doubts as most of the form is totally irrelevant to her current visa category.

1) Can she travel in and out of the UK with her current PBS Dependent BRP?

2) In SET(O) I guess she needs to pay the fees same as me i.e. 1377

3) Section 3- which category - should this be "Other" - what should the reason be given?
4) Section 6 - Will the usual absences assessed for ILR eligibility be applicable on her? Normally it checks for absences for last 5 years and has to be less than 180 days in the whole period. She was out of the country for around 60 days in last 2 years. Should this be an issue?

5) Section 9 - I guess she can totally skip this section as she is on PBS (Tier1) Dependent visa currently and none of the subsections in 9 are relevant to her?

6) Section 11 - What documents does she need to provide?

If some expert or someone who has used SET(O) for applying for ILR for a PBS dependent on completion of 2 years can you kindly help.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by allgo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

allgo

Post by allgo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:14 am

37 views .. still no answer :-(
Mods/experts kindly suggest

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Most of the questions are answered in the following thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
1 . Yes
2. Yes
3. Please refer thread
4. They will not assess same like main applicant, it will be considered as depedent only 60 days absence will not be any issue.
5. Refer thread
6. refer thread

allgo

Post by allgo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:17 am

Thanks ilrdep
I presume you booked a SET(O) appointment in PEO. Did they allow you to be present as well for clarifications etc? Or will the PEO only allow my wife to get in?

Secondly for proof - I see you have shown Council tax statements. I have Utility bills from the exact date but council tax bill was generated after 2 months. Can I show utility bill as proof of cohabitation? Also what is the NHS letter you mentioned. How can I get that?

Thanks a lot for helping me out

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 am

allgo wrote: I presume you booked a SET(O) appointment in PEO. Did they allow you to be present as well for clarifications etc? Or will the PEO only allow my wife to get in?
Yes, they will allow you to be with your wife.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:02 pm

Any bill covering that period will be fine my adive is to take both utility bill and coucil tax bill.
NHS letter: I got it from GP -surgery where we were registered they took £20 each

Please refer SET(M) -only for cohab documents

allgo

Post by allgo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks mate.
In SET (M) section 11 it asks for 6 letters or documents addressed to me and dependent jointly or separate letters but same address.
They should cover 2 years.
They should be from at least 3 different sources.

Now does that mean 6 letters each from 3 sources or 2 each from each source.

Also do the 3 different sources have to cover the whole 2 years individually or say gas bill for a year and some other bill for another year?

As of now I have Gas bills for 2 years
Have joint bank statements for 1.5 years
I can get GP letter but not sure when I registered her - definitely not immediately after she joined :(
Council tax for 1 year 10 months.

Will this suffice?

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 pm

For most of them they only took 3 documents, as far as I am aware you should be ok with these documents
try for below documents:
Electroll register
Rent agreement
Letters from DVLA
Tier1 extension letter