ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for surrender certificate for lost indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukblokester
Newly Registered

applying for surrender certificate for lost indian passport

Post by ukblokester » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:29 pm

would greatly appreciate if someone could help me put my mind at ease. i can't speak to vfs until tomorrow morning so a bit of re-assurance would help.

i need to apply for OCI but before that i need to sort out the surrender certificate (i got naturalized in dec and now hold a british passport and still within the 3months grace period).

i happen to have lost my indian passport so will be submitting the following documents:
- self attested front/back cover of the indian passport
- self attested copy of the british passport
- self attested copy of the naturalisation certificate
- letter from notary about the lost passport

here are my questions:
- vfs websites states they need photocopyof all used pages, unfortunately i don't have a copy of it. i am just luckyi have a scanned copy of the front/back of the indian passport
- what is the usual turn around times (any personal experiences would help)
- i would be submitting my application this friday at the hayes center, anyone had a recent experience and what's the waiting times like and if anyone knows of a decent carpark around
- how do they send the certificate back?
- also looking on the hci website, if the org. passport is not handed back, they give you RENUNCIATION DECLARATION, can i use that to apply for business via to india and OCI eventually?

cheers

ukblokester
Newly Registered

Post by ukblokester » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am

bumping this post in the home of some reply

bobobo

Re: applying for surrender certificate for lost indian passp

Post by bobobo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 am

TBH most questions can be answered if you look at the threads by searching for "OCI" in Other Countries Forum.

Also if you have lost your passport commom sense dictates you lodge a Police Complaint and get a report, which can be submitted for Surrender Certificate and subsequently for OCI application.

For queries regarding Surrender Certificate see the vfs global website all the information is there and easy to understand.

ukblokester wrote:would greatly appreciate if someone could help me put my mind at ease. i can't speak to vfs until tomorrow morning so a bit of re-assurance would help.

i need to apply for OCI but before that i need to sort out the surrender certificate (i got naturalized in dec and now hold a british passport and still within the 3months grace period).

i happen to have lost my indian passport so will be submitting the following documents:

here are my questions:
- vfs websites states they need photocopyof all used pages, unfortunately i don't have a copy of it. i am just luckyi have a scanned copy of the front/back of the indian passport
- i would be submitting my application this friday at the hayes center, anyone had a recent experience and what's the waiting times like and if anyone knows of a decent carpark around
- also looking on the hci website, if the org. passport is not handed back, they give you RENUNCIATION DECLARATION, can i use that to apply for business via to india and OCI eventually?

cheers

ukblokester
Newly Registered

Post by ukblokester » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:20 am

ok for anyone who needs to know the answers of my questions below:
I did end up getting the letter from the indian embassy. it was a single page which said 'ack. of application for renunciation' and that i haven't handed over the passport.

I used that letter to apply for a business visa for india and got that in three days time. My next step is going to be applying for OCI

Also the police station doesn't give you a report number for lost passports however you can ask them to give you in writing that they won't give you the report number as well. i attached that document as part of my renunciation application.

any more questions, please feel free to get in touch with me.

ukblokester wrote:would greatly appreciate if someone could help me put my mind at ease. i can't speak to vfs until tomorrow morning so a bit of re-assurance would help.

here are my questions:

cheers

srdandu
Newly Registered

Post by srdandu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi ukblokester,

I'm in the same situation now. I have lost my indian passport and have now applied for surrender certificate.
I was just wondering about your experience in applying OCI. Was it easy? What extra documentation had to submitted?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.