ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

traffice offence after letter of approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alwaysintrouble
Newly Registered

traffice offence after letter of approval

Post by alwaysintrouble » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:37 pm

guys !!

If one recieve the approval letter and waiting for a ceremony(say in two months time).

What would happen if you caught speeding next day, 6 points and your license taken away ?

would the council withdraw the approval letter ??

bobobo

Re: traffice offence after letter of approval

Post by bobobo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

no you should be fine
alwaysintrouble wrote:guys !!

If one recieve the approval letter and waiting for a ceremony(say in two months time).

What would happen if you caught speeding next day, 6 points and your license taken away ?

would the council withdraw the approval letter ??

aprilclub

Post by aprilclub » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:41 pm

I went through the same scenario in my mind when I applied last year, and as far as I could tell, there is no rule to revoke it after approval for traffic violation ( severe criminal offence could be another matter).

However, for all practical purposes my solution was the following

1. Get the ceremony done privately ASAP
2. Get the British passposrt
3. Surrender you original passport and citizenship

This should not take more than 25 days.

Once you hold only UK citizenship, UK govt cant take it away (i.e revoke british citizenship) no matter what. ( Note that for Indians, OCI is considered to be Indian citizenship and if you have it, UK can revoke it. Not sure how that will work in practise though, because as far as I know, the OCI is tied to the UK passport. So if UK passport is gone, the OCI is gone with it. Not sure if this point was clearly thought through)

alwaysintrouble
Newly Registered

Post by alwaysintrouble » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Great Reply !! Awesome.

You spoke my mind :)

I think I will try to go for the earliest available chance to get a surrender certificate and then start driving again. I have a clean license(though I don't drive) the counterpart is with the NCS-made-nationality-application as well.

Currently I am awaiting for my approval evenmore so toward the fee being debited from my account.

You are right getting an OCI is no safe bet, its better to get 5 years visa to India every fifth year. I read on UKBA that home office consider OCI akin to citizenship.