ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids Passport - finish line in sight.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Kids Passport - finish line in sight.

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Now that the kids are Registered citizens of UK, time to get their passport.

I will be going to Post Office to get the form (online option was taking too long).

Questions:

What would the referee write on back of the photo, any suggestions? Both kids are under 5.

Payment - does the Post office take the payment for Check&Send only, or for the passport application as well? Or does the payment details still need to be included?

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by wpilr_nov12 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

bobobo

Re: Child passport application

Post by bobobo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Now that the kids are Registered citizens of UK, time to get their passport.

I will be going to Post Office to get the form (online option was taking too long).

Questions:

What would the referee write on back of the photo, any suggestions? Both kids are under 5.

See the guide it states exactly what is required.

Payment - does the Post office take the payment for Check&Send only, or for the passport application as well? Or does the payment details still need to be included?

PO take payment for everything so no need to include pymt details

Thanks for your help.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:57 am

Us: Foreign born, ILR both parents.
Kids: UK Born, both under 5, Registered, certificate received.

Now: applying for passport.

I was filling online form for passport, and got to grandparents details. Which was not difficult (Both grandparents on both sides of family, their dob and date of marriage... )

However IPS would send us the form by post for signature etc, which was going to take a few weeks to arrive.

Therefore going the paper form route:

On Guidance doc, page 6 for Section 4:
"If both parents were born after 31 Dec 1982, or were both born outside the UK, please give the following details in section 8 of the application form. Either:
- the full name, town, country of birth and date of marriage of your mother's or parent 1's parents and your father's or parent 2's parents, or
- details of your parents' claim to British nationality

Section 8 of form has just enough room for 1 grandparent's name, place and country of birth, and date of marriage. How do I include 4 names, 4 towns and countries of births, and 2 dates of marriages.

I am truly stumped.

Any suggestions?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:However IPS would send us the form by post for signature etc, which was going to take a few weeks to arrive.
I never really understood what is the online form good for. Much easier to walk into the post office and grab a form.
Any suggestions?
See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Passport.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:24 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Us: Foreign born, ILR both parents.

I was filling online form for passport, and got to grandparents details. Which was not difficult (Both grandparents on both sides of family, their dob and date of marriage... )

However IPS would send us the form by post for signature etc, which was going to take a few weeks to arrive.

"If both parents were born after 31 Dec 1982, or were both born outside the UK, please give the following details in section 8 of the application form. Either:
- the full name, town, country of birth and date of marriage of your mother's or parent 1's parents and your father's or parent 2's parents, or

Section 8 of form has just enough room for 1 grandparent's name, place and country of birth, and date of marriage. How do I include 4 names, 4 towns and countries of births, and 2 dates of marriages.

I am truly stumped.

Any suggestions?
We simply used post office form and used a blank A4 sheets of paper to add grandparent details on. Both kids now have British passports.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Heisgood wrote: We simply used post office form and used a blank A4 sheets of paper to add grandparent details on. Both kids now have British passports.
Thanks. A lady at IPS also said that was normal practice (separate sheet). However my decision is based on your experience, I did the same way with MN1 application.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Just returned from Post Office.

Earlier today, went to my local PO, asked about C&S, the lady asked for kids birth certificates, parents passports, BRP cards, marriage certificates (all originals). Didn't carry any of those. Decided to go back home.

On my way back, stopped at another PO, the lady there asked for the same thing. I showed her the photos, and she said those were acceptable at C&S level. (IPS could still refuse as they have the last say).

Went home, got all the docs, went back to PO 2. Another gentleman.

Simply asked for form, went through it, asked for Citizenship certificate, compared details, asked for photos, checked and admired my photographic ability. Also gave my Grandparents details letter printed on plain paper, signed by myself. Matched countersignatory signatures on photo and on form. Places a new barcode on form, puts everything in a plastic pouch. Repeat for child 2. Payment made. Done.

I didn't notice any 'CHECK' being performed, besides a quick visual inspection. No photo measurement or comparing against template, etc. 5 mins max for both forms and payment. And I am £17.50 lighter for the privilege.

Having come through MN1 Registration successfully without NCS, I feel totally ripped off with C&S.

Ouch.

M2008

Post by M2008 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 am

Earlier today, went to my local PO, asked about C&S, the lady asked for kids birth certificates, parents passports, BRP cards, marriage certificates (all originals). Didn't carry any of those. Decided to go back home.
Why parents passports & BRP required?

I think it is only required if child born before you got ILR

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:03 pm

M2008 wrote:
Why parents passports & BRP required?

I think it is only required if child born before you got ILR
Passport application form comes with a Guidance booklet which includes a documents requirement list. The Post Office lady asked for parents passports and BRP, only she knows why.

If the child is a Registered citizen, only document requirement is the certificate of registration.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:00 pm

@wpilr_nov12, why do U need grandparent's details?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Somudro wrote:@wpilr_nov12, why do U need grandparent's details?
wpilr_nov12 wrote:Us: Foreign born, ILR both parents.

I am truly stumped.

Any suggestions?
That's why.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 pm

if born before 31 Dec 1982 but outsdise UK then, stiil need grandparent details?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Somudro wrote:if born before 31 Dec 1982 OR but outsdise UK then, stiil need grandparent details?
Yes.
There is no 'but' in that statement

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:12 pm

I got the point. Thanks.

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
I didn't notice any 'CHECK' being performed, besides a quick visual inspection. No photo measurement or comparing against template, etc. 5 mins max for both forms and payment. And I am £17.50 lighter for the privilege.

Having come through MN1 Registration successfully without NCS, I feel totally ripped off with C&S.

Ouch.
that`s why I did`t use C&S while applying for my kids passports, next day delivery it`s enough. Thats just another way to make money.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Just got IPS to reveal to me that my kids passports forms received by IPS on 8th (Friday), passports printed 11th (Monday), picked up by courier today (Tuesday).

Pretty quick... considering I had done C&S on 6th (Wed).

Let the travel plans begin.....yippie..

M2008

Post by M2008 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Just got IPS to reveal to me that my kids passports forms received by IPS on 8th (Friday), passports printed 11th (Monday), picked up by courier today (Tuesday).

Pretty quick... considering I had done C&S on 6th (Wed)...
That was very quick....congrads..

Still I am waiting for MN1 outcome. Do you know number to contact for MN1 application...It is 4 weeks no acknowledgment also for me....
Let the travel plans begin.....yippie
If you are Indian... DO you prefer for Indian Visa or going for PIO Card?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:00 pm

M2008 wrote:If you are Indian... DO you prefer for Indian Visa or going for PIO Card?
I am not Indian. Sorry.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 pm

What did U do with your grandparent details? Did U write down 'Unknown" or blank?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Somudro wrote:What did U do with your grandparent details? Did U write down 'Unknown" or blank?
On the form itself, i left it blank.

I included a separate A4 sheet

----

Code: Select all

As requested on the Passport application form for a child whose parents were born outside of UK, applicant’s grandparents’ details are provided below.

Passport Application Number (from barcode):

Applicant Details:

Title:   First Name: 	Surname: 		DoB: 

Grandparent Details:

Maternal Grandmother
Full Name (First name, SURNAME): Mrs 
Date of Birth: 
Town and Country of birth: 

Maternal Grandfather
Full Name (First name, SURNAME): Mr
Date of Birth: 
Town and Country of birth

Maternal Grandparents date of marriage: 

Paternal Grandmother
Full Name (First name, SURNAME): Mrs 
Date of Birth: 
Town and Country of birth: 

Paternal Grandfather
Full Name (First name, SURNAME): Mr 
Date of Birth: 
Town and Country of birth

Paternal Grandparents date of marriage: 

Kind regards,

my name (father of applicant)
Tel: my mobile
date of letter

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 pm

What documents did you send with the application? What are the requirements?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Form, payment - paid in post office, Registration certificate (original), the additional letter. Passport guidance has a documents list.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:29 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Form, payment - paid in post office, Registration certificate (original),

Code: Select all

the additional letter
. Passport guidance has a documents list.
What is the additional letter for?