ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dayana173
Newly Registered

BC

Post by dayana173 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Hello I would like to know what is the proper procedure for EEA national when applying for BC. My situation is I acquired PR as a student and dependent on my father. I know I have to wait one year, past life in UK test, send my passport and PR card. I would like to know if other documents are required. Thank you

bobobo

Re: BC

Post by bobobo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:06 pm

read the AN guidance, its fairly comprehensive and easy to understand

dayana173 wrote:Hello I would like to know what is the proper procedure for EEA national when applying for BC. My situation is I acquired PR as a student and dependent on my father. I know I have to wait one year, past life in UK test, send my passport and PR card. I would like to know if other documents are required. Thank you

vinny

Re: Proof of lawful residence

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:14 am

dayana173 wrote:I am EA citizen and this year January I received permanent residence. For naturalisation I know that I have to send my pr card, life in the uk test, english language certificate. I know that I have to prove that I have been physically in the country for the past 6 years. I have no problem with the last 5 years but this year June I finish college. I am currently working for a charity every other Saturday and Sunday. I wonder if my manager gives me a letter that I work there, if it's going to be accepted as proof from the border agency.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:06 am

Where and what are you doing with the rest of the time?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dayana173
Newly Registered

Post by dayana173 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 am

I am trying to find full time job and next year I am going to university. I think for naturalisation I don't have to prove that I have been exercising treaty rights if I have pr but I have to prove that for the past 6 years I have been physically here.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:31 am

Assuming you apply 1 year after PR issue date, your passport (although it's doesn't get stamped) is usually enough. You can also get a letter from school to cover some of the 5 years period. The nationality team could always contact you if they would like to see more concrete evidence.

dayana173
Newly Registered

Post by dayana173 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 am

Yes, I have school letters to prove 5 years and half. I just wanted to know if I have letter from the charity that I have been working for them for the rest of year, if it's going to be accepted.

dayana173
Newly Registered

Post by dayana173 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:55 am

Can a teacher be a referee?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:27 pm

dayana173 wrote:Yes, I have school letters to prove 5 years and half. I just wanted to know if I have letter from the charity that I have been working for them for the rest of year, if it's going to be accepted.
Probably not required (as I said passport is normally enough) but you can submit that as well.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:28 pm

dayana173 wrote:Can a teacher be a referee?
Teachers are part of the list.