ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife visa refused stupid

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahussa

wife visa refused stupid

Post by ahussa » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Hey

Applied for spouse to join me from pakistan in nov 2012. Got refusal through the other day with stupid reason for refusal not providng 6 month wage slips letters from employer and that income from my two employers was not shown i bank statements.

What i find weird is that all these docs were submitted. Spoke to someone about lodging appeal he said i should get a letter from local mp and lodge with grounds of appeal bcz they never paid attention to application and get in contact with chairman of home office affairs committe who writes a letter to the embassy in pakistan

Question is has anyone been in similar situation and has decision been overturned on review and not had to go to appeal stage?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:11 pm

You are making claims about evidence that is not visible and, therefore, not something that can be confirmed.

ahussa

Post by ahussa » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:22 pm

I know for a fact all this was submitted.

My question is do you think getting a mp letter or getting in contact with the chairman of home office affairs vommittee will speed up the process?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:15 pm

before you get your MP involved, I would write to the HO and ask them to re-check and confirm that all relevant information was provided with the application.
ahussa wrote:I know for a fact all this was submitted.

My question is do you think getting a mp letter or getting in contact with the chairman of home office affairs vommittee will speed up the process?

ahussa

Post by ahussa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:06 am

Good idea but where would i write to?

She applied in pakistan islamabad

Has anyone ever done that before ?

ID29

Re: wife visa refused stupid

Post by ID29 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:15 am

ahussa wrote:... contact with chairman of home office affairs committe who writes a letter to the embassy in pakistan
I'm afraid you've been misinformed. The Home Affairs Committee has an oversight role concerning the Home Office (and its associated agencies) as an organisation. They do not deal with the public or involve themselves in individual cases and operational matters. The Chairman is an MP but again wouldn't involve himself unless you were domiciled with his Leicester East Constituency.

To be honest, its unlikely any MP will pursue the matter until you've contacted the decision maker and/or exhausted an appeal.

I presume your wife has received a refusal letter of some kind? I suggest she write to the address/person on the top of that letter and point out their mistake. I don't see what else you can do at this stage.

ahussa

Post by ahussa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 am

Yeh it was settlement visa for my wife to join me.

I have had a look at the entry clearance refusal letter it says beside entry clearance officer GH but would i send it to uk embassy pakistan?

Has anyone ever done this before?

riversidecreations

Post by riversidecreations » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Yes.

You should write to the Visa office that processed your application - I believe in your case it should be isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

request that an ECM looks at your email immediately - an ECM should respond within 20 working days explaining why your application was rejected.

If they find that all documents were available, the ECM should overturn the decision and you will not have to go via the appeal route.
Sujan
-------------------------
Application Submitted : 27/08/2012
Application refused :( - 09/11/2012
Appeal Lodged : 15/11/2012
ECM to respond by : 30/04/2012
DOT Letter received : 24/04/2013
Passport/Visa Collected : 14/05/2013

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 pm

ahussa wrote:Yeh it was settlement visa for my wife to join me.

I have had a look at the entry clearance refusal letter it says beside entry clearance officer GH but would i send it to uk embassy pakistan?

Has anyone ever done this before?
One member on here had a refusal, she contacted her clearing post. Make sure is Islamabad or Abu Dhabi. When she confirmed she had sent all relevant paperwork. They did check and she was correct and they agreed she had sent it. But she to the fact that appeal had gone out she had to go through appeal route still. But luckily with two months her's was overturned.,
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 am

Hello, I am in a similar situation where the Eco has refused the application fir lack of certain documents, even though the documents were submitted.
Is there a similar email address for New Delhi?
Regards

mannypk
Newly Registered

Post by mannypk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 am

Don't bother writing to Gerrys as they are horrible at replying. Contact the Islamabad BHC directly using:

visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

Make sure your email is detailed and covers everything you want to get across. Use the following format to email them:

Applicant's Surname: XX
Applicant's Given Names: XX
Applicant's Date of Birth: XX.
Applicant’s Passport Number: XX
Application Number (GWF Number): XX.
Courier References: XX
Applicant's Phone Number: XX
Subject of email

Good luck. If possible point out exactly what the documents, they say are missing, look like or ,if you sent your application divided in to sections, which section they are located in.

Remember!! Only contact them if you know a mistake has been made from their side. There is no point contacting them if you know you didn't have a document. You can't just email them a scanned copy of something which was previously missing and expect them to overturn the decision

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks mayank, but I needed an email address for New Delhi.
Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mannypk
Newly Registered

Post by mannypk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 pm

@SHILPA123

I couldn't find a visa enquiries on the BHC India website. Maybe email

web.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk

and they can forward your request to the relevant department

Alternatively replace 'islamabad' with 'newdelhi' in hope for the best!

Have a read through the forum I remember some applicants from India contacting the BHC directly one of the posts mentioned an address. Sorry don't remember which post exactly.

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks mayank,
Would you by any chance know how long will the appeal take for my husband who had applied as a tier 2 dependent.
Regards

mannypk
Newly Registered

Post by mannypk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 pm

I'm sorry I've got no idea about that.

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Vinni do u have any information
Thnx