ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received documents back but no Life in The UK certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skymoon

Received documents back but no Life in The UK certificate

Post by skymoon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi, I received approval for my BC and all documents back but they did not send Life in The UK Certificate? An one have this situation before?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:23 pm

i applied through ncs and they took the original and i also didnt get it back. but you dont need it anymore so guess its not relevant.
congrats on approval
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Thank you.

bobobo

Re: Received documents back but no Life in The UK certificat

Post by bobobo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm

If Postal application then they will NOT send this back.
NCS should eturrn this document after taking a copy, thats the good thing about paying extra you get to keep all your docs.
skymoon wrote:Hi, I received approval for my BC and all documents back but they did not send Life in The UK Certificate? An one have this situation before?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Received documents back but no Life in The UK certificat

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:56 pm

bobobo wrote:If Postal application then they will NOT send this back.
Any idea why? Sure, after a successful application it is not needed anymore, but it is still a valid certificate the applicant paid money for. I think the practise of withholding it is questionable at best.

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:27 am

Who cares - you don't need the certificate for anything again - I got mine back from NCS and just threw it away ( not like you're going to frame it or anything ).

Seeing as it is a statutory critical test - primarily of language, and many people have been caught trying to having somebody else take the test for them, it wouldn't make sense to have a large amount of them out there.