ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa Category for Wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

m.j

Settlement visa Category for Wife

Post by m.j » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 am

Hi

I am on ILR in the UK and my wife is planning to apply a visa from India to join me here.
The below statements on UKBA website seems to be a bit confusing.
Does anyone has any idea what category of visa does my wife need to apply for - Settlement (partner od ILR) or dependent of Tier 1 (before ILR, I was on Tier 1)

Below is the text from UKBA:

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

1. are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system;

2. and you do not qualify for settlement yet.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:55 pm

You're right it is confusing, but basically that statement refers to a dependent already in the UK with PBS dependent leave, who does not qualify for settlement yet. Your wife will need to apply for a visa as the spouse of a settled person.