ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal -> Incorrect details in new passp

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brightab
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Renewal -> Incorrect details in new passp

Post by brightab » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:26 am

Hi ,
Had applied for renewal of my current passport which was expiring soon and recieved the same within 1 week after application at the HCI London.

however on reaching home i found that my spouse name was missing in the passport (although it was added as an endorsement in my expired passport)

any ideas on what i can do in such cases?

would it require a totally new application /endoresement?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:50 pm

You need to get in touch with them and they will advise you accordingly. They can make it an amendment

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Indian Passport Renewal -> Incorrect details in new p

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm

brightab wrote:Hi ,
Had applied for renewal of my current passport which was expiring soon and recieved the same within 1 week after application at the HCI London.

however on reaching home i found that my spouse name was missing in the passport (although it was added as an endorsement in my expired passport)

any ideas on what i can do in such cases?

would it require a totally new application /endoresement?
Why don't you give HCI a ring
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Head over to HCI and tell them of their mistake

I would do this at the earliest.

The longer you wait the more difficult it will be for you.

HCI follow a pretty 'hands-off' policy when it comes to making changes. It means if you tell them right away they will do it for you and not charge you, but if you leave and come back later, then they blame you for the fault (even if its not).

rowantree
Newly Registered

Post by rowantree » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 am

If it only the spouse name missing in your new passport I wouldnt worry at all. The spouse name is an information only field and does not authenticate the passport validity.

Another thing is that foreign embassies dont use it for considering any dependant visa application either so it is entirely useless having it there in the first place.

Lastly it is not a legal requirement by the Indian government to have it in there.

It is relic left over from the British raj, just as is the residential address in a passport. That kind of information does nothing to help the passport holder to cross international borders.