ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long for PERMANENT RESIDENTS application take for uk ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dmax

how long for PERMANENT RESIDENTS application take for uk ?

Post by dmax » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:07 pm

hi, i submitted wifes pr app in uk on 1 nov 2012. does anyone know how long it could take, m inimum and maximum waiting times, and also if she is granted her PR STATUS is she allowed to leave the uk to go back to thailand for say 1 year ?

thankyou :wink: :wink:

Graceofgod

Re: how long for PERMANENT RESIDENTS application take for uk

Post by Graceofgod » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm

dmax wrote:hi, i submitted wifes pr app in uk on 1 nov 2012. does anyone know how long it could take, m inimum and maximum waiting times, and also if she is granted her PR STATUS is she allowed to leave the uk to go back to thailand for say 1 year ?

thankyou :wink: :wink:
looking at the current turnaround, it is taking 6 months on average and as far as I know there should be an entry to the UK within every 2 years.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Under EU Regulations your wife already has Permanent Residency. The application for PR is simply a formality and makes a BC application slightly smoother.

dmax

Post by dmax » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 pm

casa thanks for your reply but what exactly do you mean that she allready has PR. can you be more specific please ? also what is bc application ?

thankyou guys

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Your wife automatically became a permanent resident under EU regulations once she completed 5 years of residence here. BC = British Citizen.

dmax

Post by dmax » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm

oh right, thankyou , can you tell me this one more question, i submitted mine and my wifes passports to uk embassy at start of november 2012. i wanted my passport back as i needed to travel so uk embassy not only sent my passport back but also my wifes.

if and when they do offer her PR will they ask her to send her passport back to them in order for them to stamp it ...or what is the process.

thanks in advance :)