ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestions for filling SET (O) Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tek75
- thin ice -

Suggestions for filling SET (O) Form

Post by Tek75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:26 am

Hi All,

I am about to apply ILR under 10 years long residence.I have been on student visa throughout.I am hoping to get answers to the following queries regarding SET (O) form:-

Query 1: Question 6.3 of SET (O) asks"What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?" Do I have to answer this part?If so with what other evidences apart from passport?

Query 2:Question 7.11 asks "how long you have lived in the UK"?I am into my 10 years and 18 days , so do I write 10 years 01 month here?

Query 3:Is it ok if I exclude all the pages of section 2 (Dependant), 5 (home & finances) and 9 (Tier 1 Points Scoring Assessment) from my completed application form?

Query 4:Would it be beneficial to include one or two important pages of the SAR file with the application.If so, is it necessary to mention them in the documents checklist page of SET O form under "other documents"?

I hope if all my queries are answered by experts it will help other ILR (10 years)applicants too.

Thanks in advance.

Graceofgod

Re: Suggestions for filling SET (O) Form

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 am

Tek75 wrote:Hi All,

I am about to apply ILR under 10 years long residence.I have been on student visa throughout.I am hoping to get answers to the following queries regarding SET (O) form:-

Query 1: Question 6.3 of SET (O) asks"What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?" Do I have to answer this part?If so with what other evidences apart from passport?

Query 2:Question 7.11 asks "how long you have lived in the UK"?I am into my 10 years and 18 days , so do I write 10 years 01 month here?

Query 3:Is it ok if I exclude all the pages of section 2 (Dependant), 5 (home & finances) and 9 (Tier 1 Points Scoring Assessment) from my completed application form?

Query 4:Would it be beneficial to include one or two important pages of the SAR file with the application.If so, is it necessary to mention them in the documents checklist page of SET O form under "other documents"?

I hope if all my queries are answered by experts it will help other ILR (10 years)applicants too.

Thanks in advance.
Hi I am not an expert but I will try to answer if you do not mind, and hope an expert or guru will correct me if am wrong,
Q1- this is not applicable to you so you can skip and leave it blank
2) 10 years & o months as it is not complete one month
3)you have to submit full application form without missing any pages regardless the applicability.
4) It may be beneficial but it is not compulsory, from my personal experience I have included 2 pages from SAR to show my previous visa application dates.
hope it helps.
good luck with your application.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

Tek75
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by Tek75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks for the suggestions Graceford.

Under question 6.2 I need to write the dates of absence from and return to UK.Now, I found out that Heathrow Immigration did not put an arrival stamp in my passport after my first holidays spent back at home.I have only the departure date from my home country.What arrival (at heathrow)date should I write in this case?

As I don't have old air tickets, will my assumed date of arrival at Heathrow after my first holiday,be acceptable?

Graceofgod

Re: Hi

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 am

Tek75 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions Graceford.

Under question 6.2 I need to write the dates of absence from and return to UK.Now, I found out that Heathrow Immigration did not put an arrival stamp in my passport after my first holidays spent back at home.I have only the departure date from my home country.What arrival (at heathrow)date should I write in this case?

As I don't have old air tickets, will my assumed date of arrival at Heathrow after my first holiday,be acceptable?
I had the same issue concerning my arrival date back in 2004 so I checked the departure date from my country and as I arrived here next day so I wrote down that date and asked them to refer on the relevant page of the passport on covering letter.Consider time difference between your country and the UK and journey time (departure and length) to see the exact date although it does not really matter if you make an honest mistake by writing wrong arrival date as long as you are within the absence threshold.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

Tek75
- thin ice -

hi

Post by Tek75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks again Graceford.

Just a curiosity.Some people apply through solicitors (firms) who are not OISC registered(you know there is a space to write OISC regi no in the SET O form.Is it ok if such a solicitor(non oisc) represent the application even though my case is quite straight forward.

Graceofgod

Re: hi

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 am

Tek75 wrote:Thanks again Graceford.

Just a curiosity.Some people apply through solicitors (firms) who are not OISC registered(you know there is a space to write OISC regi no in the SET O form.Is it ok if such a solicitor(non oisc) represent the application even though my case is quite straight forward.
As far as I know solicitors do not need to be registered with OISC , they are normally members of SRA, I applied myself without the help of solicitor or representatives but with the great help of this forum.
If you case is straightforward then I do not see any point going through the solicitor, in most cases Solicitors found to be negligent,incompetent and ineffective. I have come across some one on the forum who applied through solicitor who forgot to get his signature on section 10 and which delayed the application considerably but at the end of the day it is your application and your confidence counts the most.

Tek75
- thin ice -

hi

Post by Tek75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:31 am

It is good to know that an applicant can write his own covering letter on a separate page.how long have you been waiting for the ILR after the BIO?If you have applied recently.

Graceofgod

Re: hi

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 am

Tek75 wrote:It is good to know that an applicant can write his own covering letter on a separate page.how long have you been waiting for the ILR after the BIO?If you have applied recently.
I enrolled for bio metric on 3rd December 2012 and now waiting patiently.
please check on skydrive for 10 years where you can see many different nature of completed and pending applications.

Tek75
- thin ice -

hi

Post by Tek75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 am

Dear Graceford,

Just sent you a PM.

Tek75
- thin ice -

hi

Post by Tek75 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi graceford you have been great.Some last queries possibly.

Query 1: What points to cover in the covering letter?Can you give some bullet ideas.What would be the headline of the covering letter ..like"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN"?

Query 2: In what order 6.2(dates of absences) should be answered .Starting with latest holiday first?

Hope to hear from you.