ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSWs should not have been given option under £50,000

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lkonda
Newly Registered

PSWs should not have been given option under £50,000

Post by lkonda » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Here is personal opinion regarding PSW visa holders applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I know many of you would not like my comments but this is what I think.

UKBA closed Tier 1 General category in 2011. This category was well abused by many of the PSW visa holders. Most of them had no jobs but showed income even upto £75,000 as self employed just by showing transaction or rotating funds into their bank accounts and support this with fake income certificates from their accountants.

There was no surprise that UKBA had to close this route as economic situation and new government did not permit this to happen as British public did not like many immigrants settling in UK. Anyways, many of PSW visa holders took the advantages just by doing security jobs, driving jobs and other un-skilled jobs but done proper paperwork to get Tier 1 General.

In April 2012, PSW category was also closed. But by this time thousands of peoples had already PSW visa and had no easy option to extend their visa after 2 years of PSW visa, apart from getting Tier 2 (which is not easy to get as before) or switching back to Tier 4 visa (which is expensive and need attend classes and only suited to applicants completing their 10 years in UK) or going back to their respective countries after saving money from their 2 years of stay and work.

Suddenly in April 2012, poor UKBA allowed PSW visa holders to switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa just by showing £50,000 from their uncles, family members or borrowed money from friends for few days into their bank accounts. Even worse, 2 PSW holders can apply by showing £50,000 combined.

Now, all PSW visa holders saw this opportunity and start working out for this visa. I have read posts on this forum and realised that many of the applicants did not know the paperwork as this visa requires professional and educated stuff. But still almost all of PSW holders managed to arrange companies, share formats for contracts, advertising material, visiting cards, websites and etc. Even many of them did not had idea for choosing occupation, few of them also submitted business plans hesitantly but somehow became The Directors of something overnight.

As UKBA has mentioned that in 2011 there were only 739 applications and in 2012 there are more than 7000 applications (still number of applications are increasing everyday). This led to make UKBA suspicious and they were forced to make changes for rules announced on 30th Jan 2012.

Many of them are still worried and want to work alongside Entrepreneur visa. As their genuine intentions are not for business but to continue living here and ultimately get settlement. That's why these applicants still posting and asking work permission.

Please use common sense and think, doing business in Ahmedabad or Dehli, Lahore, Dhaka, Katmandu, Lagos and Accra require more funds than £50,000.

My point is, it was easiest route left for many of PSW visa holders and whole lot is after Entrepreneur visa. And also I fear people abusing venture capital funding source in near future.

This is only my point of view, you all can have your own.

Please comment.

entrepreneur123

Re: PSWs should not have been given option under £50,000

Post by entrepreneur123 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks Ikonda for sharing your opinion, but i am not suprised by a comment from a person who have applied for Tier 1(Enter) from Tier 4. I can feel your feelings....

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Like your comments and I would like to add 'iss hamam main almost sabhi nungay hain' means everybody is cloth-less in this room'...

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:45 pm

[quote="lkonda"]

Suddenly in April 2012, poor UKBA allowed PSW visa holders to switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa just by showing £50,000 from their uncles, family members or borrowed money from friends for few days into their bank accounts. Even worse, 2 PSW holders can apply by showing £50,000 combined.

Dont you thin that POOR UKBA was aware of the fact that people will abuse third party funding

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:42 pm

lkonda wrote:Here is personal opinion regarding PSW visa holders applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I know many of you would not like my comments but this is what I think.

UKBA closed Tier 1 General category in 2011. This category was well abused by many of the PSW visa holders. Most of them had no jobs but showed income even upto £75,000 as self employed just by showing transaction or rotating funds into their bank accounts and support this with bad quality income certificates from their accountants.

There was no surprise that UKBA had to close this route as economic situation and new government did not permit this to happen as British public did not like many immigrants settling in UK. Anyways, many of PSW visa holders took the advantages just by doing security jobs, driving jobs and other un-skilled jobs but done proper paperwork to get Tier 1 General.

In April 2012, PSW category was also closed. But by this time thousands of peoples had already PSW visa and had no easy option to extend their visa after 2 years of PSW visa, apart from getting Tier 2 (which is not easy to get as before) or switching back to Tier 4 visa (which is expensive and need attend classes and only suited to applicants completing their 10 years in UK) or going back to their respective countries after saving money from their 2 years of stay and work.

Now, all PSW visa holders saw this opportunity and start working out for this visa. I have read posts on this forum and realised that many of the applicants did not know the paperwork as this visa requires professional and educated stuff. But still almost all of PSW holders managed to arrange companies, share formats for contracts, advertising material, visiting cards, websites and etc. Even many of them did not had idea for choosing occupation, few of them also submitted business plans hesitantly but somehow became The Directors of something overnight.

As UKBA has mentioned that in 2011 there were only 739 applications and in 2012 there are more than 7000 applications (still number of applications are increasing everyday). This led to make UKBA suspicious and they were forced to make changes for rules announced on 30th Jan 2012.

Many of them are still worried and want to work alongside Entrepreneur visa. As their genuine intentions are not for business but to continue living here and ultimately get settlement. That's why these applicants still posting and asking work permission.

Please use common sense and think, doing business in Ahmedabad or Dehli, Lahore, Dhaka, Katmandu, Lagos and Accra require more funds than £50,000.

My point is, it was easiest route left for many of PSW visa holders and whole lot is after Entrepreneur visa. And also I fear people abusing venture capital funding source in near future.

Please comment.
Yes agree with you on most of the points ..... system is abused big time .... people need visa to stay in uk ........... either is tier 4 student, tier 1 psw or entrepreneur now .........................

but yes all these system are been abused and that is why tougher rules are in place and I hope they will be even tighter soon................... this system is not just abused by psw visa holder only its been abused by £200k category people more what psw did .........................

200k route 98% applicant who submitted application under this category replied on third party funding and I am sure out of this 98% only 0.08% will be able to bring the funds into country and invest in business.

same goes to psw visa holder too ........................ but atleast there are some restrictions on that like contract, NQF level 4 job etc ....... those who are on psw visa and try to abuse the system and don't know nothing about the jobs or business they become director overnight will be in trouble as I think most of us will be going for interview and expectation are higher for PSW visa holder than a 200 k category, because people on psw visa completed there degree from uk. (so if someone is not capable enough will be out).

In my opinion tier 1 entrepreneur is been abused both my psw holder and 200k and but who did more damage i don't know.

regards

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Like your comments and I would like to add 'iss hamam main almost sabhi nungay hain' means everybody is cloth-less in this room'...

Agreed with your comments Rizwan, we all somewhere have done something

khan_81
Member of Standing

Post by khan_81 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi, well I don't agree to some points. Yes there was a use of the system but there are genuine people out there too. I was on PSW and at One time was earning enough to change to Tier 1 General, but couldn't as was so busy with work. I think it's wrong to say that PSW abused the system more than anyone else. I am happy that UKBA took a right decision at the right time and I won't be surprised if lots of people gets refusal to their application. The application decision process should be transparent without harming genuine applicants and those who abuse the systems should be punished.

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Its more than just Visa, Abuse and immigration in a broader sense UKBA is aware of the misuse well before any new rules are actually published... this policy change game has helped them so far and will continue to help... there are other more important things sought from across all possible ways including immigration think it has increased number of legal business entities in UK, increase in company houses revenue, increase in UKBAs own revenue, then those IT, Marketing, ACCA bodies nobody ever turner to earlier have made a huge fortune... GDP, Employment well this game is just not limited to immigration alone...
Solomon

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Everybody is missing a point here. UK have now one of the most expensive visa fees around the world. They want money, and know that people are definitely going to pay for it, because they won't have a choice. It's about making money as well.

If UKBA have allowed a route, that does not make you a good person or a bad person just like that. Abusing the system is something else. It's about submitting declaration and document under false pretenses. If certain route is allowed, it is legal as long as you follow the procedure.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 pm

lkonda wrote:Here is personal opinion regarding PSW visa holders applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I know many of you would not like my comments but this is what I think.

UKBA closed Tier 1 General category in 2011. This category was well abused by many of the PSW visa holders. Most of them had no jobs but showed income even upto £75,000 as self employed just by showing transaction or rotating funds into their bank accounts and support this with bad quality income certificates from their accountants.

Please comment.
Well Ill agree and disagree , The policies around this route are being abused and I have seen many crying that they have taken money out after a month from their bank account and if they will get a T1E visa or not.
On the other hand, Ill disagree with you as well coz guys like me came in 2010 and we were the last to get PSW visa. I then registered my own company and l am 2 months away to reach 50K mark. each and every pence earned by me and will be invested in my company in future as well.
I don't know about others but it gives me lots of satisfaction and happiness knowing that I am doing something on my own and its all because of genuine rules and regulations by UKBA.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:44 pm

dnt knw wateva is wrong o ryt bt wat i think is UKBA shudnt tk dat F*****g lng to reply.shud atleast give d results whether approval or rejection...

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:01 am

buntyz wrote:dnt knw wateva is wrong o ryt bt wat i think is UKBA shudnt tk dat F*****g lng to reply.shud atleast give d results whether approval or rejection...

absolutely correct but what can we do nothing apart from WAITTTTTTTTT and hope for the best.

hopefully things will start to pick up but no improvement so far.

kashnex

Post by kashnex » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 am

Please comment.
LOL!!! Look who is talking, who is also applied from Tier4 to Tier1(200K)........ I wonder how ppl come up with such ideas.

sunny786
Newly Registered

Post by sunny786 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 pm

kashnex wrote:

Please comment.
LOL!!! Look who is talking, who is also applied from Tier4 to Tier1(200K)........ I wonder how ppl come up with such ideas.
Rightly said kashnex , agree with your Line :)
And finally i got to know that where it all came up from IKONDA and he wrote so much about the "Naked Truth" related to all us immigrants from third world countries ! And then i read the lines that he himself was on tier 4 (student) and has applied for tier 1(ent), which made blow out all the steam out of him :) I can really really feel the pain mate but good luck with you and all of us here. And finally i would also just state my own opinion as well (as you did your !) that "Life is hard form some people, but its even harder for some" Cheers :)
Last edited by sunny786 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:32 pm

mate Ikonda,

I am not sure you wrote this when you were in an emotional moment crying for Mrs May and the conservative party.

But your portraying everybody as people taking a free ride on the back of the british govt. is rubbish, I must say.

Everyone who comes here on any type of skilled visa, contributes to the economy life time. There are outliers ofcourse in any trade in the world. But someone who has done a masters in computer science would not go and drive a taxi in his right mind as you mentioned.

In all the countries you mentioned, the top tax rate is 30% or even lesser.
Can I ask what the top tax rate is here ? 50% ? even the median is higher at 40%.you can do the math on how much more people pay back of what they earn.

And the argument that the jobs which skilled immigrants do, can be filled by local british public is non sense. They have way lesser number of universities than any country you mentioned for starters. And way lesser seats per course.
And for skilled labour(which is science and technology) the seats are all the more limited and out those too, most of them are taken by foreign students from outside the EU.

So the net number of british skilled labour being churned out of these small number of universities is minuscule and way too less to cope with the industry demand.

The govt understands this, and exactly why all these visas in the first place.

Mate i think you need to debate your thoughts with yourself and backed by stats before you put it here and waste everyone's times ins a topic that helps no one by answering any questions which this forums is actually meant for.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:50 pm

I like your opinion but depends, some peoples are just lucky as they get onto the track towards settlement quickly and for some it takes long time.

Most of the immigrants have same objectives, just to settle here.

This is natural that we all want an easy path to citizenship and no body likes tight rules & strict visa policies.

lkond, I am sure once you get your Entrepreneur visa you will be cool.

Good luck to all.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

wow99

Post by wow99 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:18 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:Thanks Ikonda for sharing your opinion, but i am not suprised by a comment from a person who have applied for Tier 1(Enter) from Tier 4. I can feel your feelings....
if that is the case then that is typical from someone who has adopt the same immigration steps and trying to settled in and now asking people how poor Ukba is..

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:29 am

IF PSW holder is applying via Sponsor route for £50,000 funds (even with team member), they have to open a company within 90 days before filing T1 application. They also have to have a business plan, do some advertisements, have a contract, etc. They also have to run their company on a Graduate Level Business (NQF Level 4).

If PSW holder is applying via Venture Capital Route for £50,000 funds (even with team member), they have to open a company in the next six months after getting visa. It's advisable to have a business plan before filing visa, but not required to send. The company is not formed yet, therefore they can only ask about your business plan. Moreover, there is no restriction on running your business on any level.

Common points are:

1) English Certificate (B1 or Above) or UK Degree
2) Maintenance Funds for 90 days i) £900 (inside UK for 12 months or more) ii) £2800 (outside UK)
3) Valid Passport (6 months+ validity)
4) Valid UK Visa

You will also get facility to stay outside UK for 180 days (6 months) every calendar year (during Entrepreneur Visa)
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

kim1

Post by kim1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:07 am

esic_sonia wrote:
Common points are:

1) English Certificate (B1 or Above) or UK Degree
2) Maintenance Funds for 90 days i) £900 (inside UK for 12 months or more) ii) £2800 (outside UK)
3) Valid Passport (6 months+ validity)
4) Valid UK Visa

You will also get facility to stay outside UK for 180 days (6 months) every calendar year (during Entrepreneur Visa)
In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------
I think you are not updated about maintenance funds its 3100 pounds outside UK, I have seen you posting here quite alot in recent few days, I guess it be better if you help the applicants out here in a more careful way or should not indulge in such chats at all, mostly people here are either future applicants to a route or switcher to another one, if you can help them by guiding them through policy guidance its great or should not help them at all, if some one like me takes your advice and applies for a visa, based on your word of mouth he will be shoved a rejection and stamp it on his passport. I dont mean to offend you but please be careful in future cause our words can taint someone's future, give it a thought! thnx

Naheedsammar

Business providing Level 4 services and job role

Post by Naheedsammar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 am

you are the first person i came accross feeling sorry for UKBA instead of people who are Genuine and still stuggling to full fill the frquently changing requirements by UKBA, who are Wroking hard more than any other Imigrants category, paying highest visa fees (regardless of the fact that they would be refused or successfull). i do agree there are some out there seeking to abuse the system but its not specifically PSW or Students its all of the immigrants categories, what u gonna say about Asylum seekers making fake claims, how about people came in to this country in 1950 or 60s and got all of there families settled here. i think when they open new route they are aware of the facts that it would be abused in some ways or the others and they do Deliberately leave loop hole so they can close it whenever they want after making enough money. just think how they can change or close a route if they would make it flawless? so do not target specific route by giving such opinion on a forum like this where people really helps each other.

rayuk

Post by rayuk » Thu May 09, 2013 11:27 am

I agree with some people here that such provision should be there for 'genuine applicants' and true this is first time I came across someone 'feeling sorry for UKBA instead of people who are Genuine and still struggling to full fill the frequently changing requirements by UKBA'.

Guess, making of 'Policy' should be best left to the people who has that as a full time job, i.e. policy staff at the UKBA.

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Thu May 09, 2013 11:57 am

Please comment.
WHY DON'T YOU TRY SECURING A PLACE FOR EMPLOYMENT IN THE UKBA. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE THE BEST MAN FOR THE IMMIGRATION CONTROL JOB. I GUESS YOU ARE ALREADY A CITIZEN. FROM YOUR STATEMENT I CAN GUESS THE COUNTRY WHERE YOUR ARE FROM. AS IF THEY CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION... :roll: :roll: :roll:
WE ARE GLAD THAT YOU ARE STILL JUST AN ORDINARY IMMIGRANT. YOUR TYPE END UP SELLING-OUT THEIR FELLOW BROTHERS
Last edited by monolyte on Thu May 09, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imran14

Post by Imran14 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Britishers have not simply ruled most parts of the World.... Please stop discouraging and blaming ourselves with Words like Genuine,decieving, voilating rules etc etc... They know better than us

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Thu May 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Giving it to PSW was the only right decision, allowing STUDENTS and other categories was absolutely wrong!

This category is mainly being abused by STUDENTS at the moment. For one PSW holder application there are as many as 20 Student application, this is pure finding of Malik Law chambers if you see their TV Programs. Also POOR TIER 1 GENERAL holders who couldnt prove their worth to earn the set amount also turned to this category, PSW deserved it by all mean.

And I dont know or want to know what country you come from, I guess you are definitely an Indian but it is possible to run a business in UK even for 20K. You just need entrepreneurial spirit and a COMMON SENSE.

Grow up and help each rather than being JEALOUS!

Be a MAN

Regards
Solomon

Momi

Post by Momi » Thu May 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Frustration :)
Why you haven't spent some 10k on your study instead of working 24/7.
PSW holders have still some option like they can migrate.
What option you have ?????????????
So think what you have done and don't just blame others.