ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Penalty Charge Notice Contra code 31: yellow box

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

newcomeilr
Newly Registered

Query on Penalty Charge Notice Contra code 31: yellow box

Post by newcomeilr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:14 pm

hi,

im new this forum, it is great there is lot useful information here, helping all of us.

I did go through many previous post on the topics similar to my query and also went through the home office guidelines, there were many post on FPN (Fixed penalty notices) but not on PCN (Penalty Charge Notice). I had 3 queries which i couldnt get full clarity from the forum, so thought of posting. My apologies if im repeating the query and request any old links or some help in clarifying.

My status: Came into UK on Work permit in Jan 2008, then converted to Tier 1 on March 2009 and presently on Tier 1 General and due for my ILR application.

1) I had received a Penalty charge notice, contravention code 31 : Entering and stopping in box junction on the 25 March 2011. I had paid the fine on time and never went to court. No points on license
Query 1: Not sure if this will be considered as non-custodial offence and will have a record on the CRB.
Query 2: Do we have to wait for 2 years or 3 years before we could apply for ILR
Query 3: Is there a way for individuals to get CRB checked.

diversity

Post by diversity » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:05 pm

No this will not have any affect on your ILR. I have had a similar thing and it didnot affect.

KTM
Newly Registered

Post by KTM » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi Diversity

Congratulations !!!

Did you mention penalty charge notice in SET(O) form?

KTM

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:16 am

Hi,

I had a PCN (Bus Lane Fine) which was paid on time an no court interverntion. I didnt mention this on my Set(O) but wasnt an issue and got my ILR,

I did lot of research on this before application so if a PCN is paid on time with out any court interevention isnt required to mention and it will not record in your CRB. This was my understading at the time of my applciation (Jan 13) and still it,

The situation becomes bit tricky aginst good character requirement if one had more than 1 PCN during a short period of time,

Good luck,

MP

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 am

MP1982 wrote:Hi,

I had a PCN (Bus Lane Fine) which was paid on time an no court interverntion. I didnt mention this on my Set(O) but wasnt an issue and got my ILR,

I did lot of research on this before application so if a PCN is paid on time with out any court interevention isnt required to mention and it will not record in your CRB. This was my understading at the time of my applciation (Jan 13) and still it,

The situation becomes bit tricky aginst good character requirement if one had more than 1 PCN during a short period of time,

Good luck,

MP

Hi MP,
Could you please give further details about your PCN , date, code, points and have you got a copy of your CRB?
Thanks in advance
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:10 am

Hi,

PCN Code 34 (bus Lane Contravention),

This was around June last year(roughly 6 months before my ILR),

There were no points taken for this and no inclusion in the counterpart. So I got the PCN from the council and paid with in 14 days and issue was done and dusted,

I didnt bother getting a CRB as I was convinced from my research and examples of this forum that this is not a Criminal Conviction,

Rgds,
MP

--------------------------------------------------------------

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Query on Penalty Charge Notice Contra code 31: yellow bo

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:20 pm

newcomeilr wrote:hi,

im new this forum, it is great there is lot useful information here, helping all of us.

I did go through many previous post on the topics similar to my query and also went through the home office guidelines, there were many post on FPN (Fixed penalty notices) but not on PCN (Penalty Charge Notice). I had 3 queries which i couldnt get full clarity from the forum, so thought of posting. My apologies if im repeating the query and request any old links or some help in clarifying.

My status: Came into UK on Work permit in Jan 2008, then converted to Tier 1 on March 2009 and presently on Tier 1 General and due for my ILR application.

1) I had received a Penalty charge notice, contravention code 31 : Entering and stopping in box junction on the 25 March 2011. I had paid the fine on time and never went to court. No points on license
Query 1: Not sure if this will be considered as non-custodial offence and will have a record on the CRB.
Query 2: Do we have to wait for 2 years or 3 years before we could apply for ILR
Query 3: Is there a way for individuals to get CRB checked.
This PCN will not effect your ILR application. No need to declare it as well but you can mention it in covering letter. google for crb check and u can do it on ur own.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.