ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to send my passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mehdi32
Newly Registered

Do I need to send my passport?

Post by mehdi32 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:53 am

Dear all,

Sorry this question may have been asked before and did try to search before posting but I couldn't find the answer.

On Monday (11/02/13) I received a letter from Home Office confirming my application for ILR has been successful and hopefully I will receive the bio-metric card shortly.

I have been living in the UK continuously for nearly ten years and I have been married to my wife who is UK national for more than two years now.

So the questions are:

1) Can I apply for British Citizenship now?

2) I am going abroad in March for 5 weeks so is it possible to apply before I go and send other documents such as my photo driving license instead of passport? I can include the letter from home office instead of my bio-metric card to confirm I have ILR.

Thanks for your help.

cricinfo

Re: Do I need to send my passport?

Post by cricinfo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 am

mehdi32 wrote:Dear all,

Sorry this question may have been asked before and did try to search before posting but I couldn't find the answer.

On Monday (11/02/13) I received a letter from Home Office confirming my application for ILR has been successful and hopefully I will receive the bio-metric card shortly.

I have been living in the UK continuously for nearly ten years and I have been married to my wife who is UK national for more than two years now.

So the questions are:

2) I am going abroad in March for 5 weeks so is it possible to apply before I go and send other documents such as my photo driving license instead of passport? I can include the letter from home office instead of my bio-metric card to confirm I have ILR.

Thanks for your help.
1. You can apply for BC now as spouse of BC
2. You can apply through NCS in which case you don't have to send your original documents.

mehdi32
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need to send my passport?

Post by mehdi32 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:45 am

cricinfo wrote:
mehdi32 wrote:Dear all,

So the questions are:

Thanks for your help.
1. You can apply for BC now as spouse of BC
2. You can apply through NCS in which case you don't have to send your original documents.
Thank you very much for the answer.