ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife got her EEA FP ..What next?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jamal_013
Newly Registered

My wife got her EEA FP ..What next?

Post by Jamal_013 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Dear all,

My wife has got the EEA FP and she has joined me here in the UK in January 2013,now can please someone tell me what I need to do next.

as far as I have gathered information, I believe that we should apply for EEA2 for my wife and EEA1 for my self??. if that is correct, and since EEA FP is for 6 months initially when is the best time in between the 6 months to apply for it?.

additionally I would like to know what the requirements are for EEA2 and EEA1, and what proof needs to be submitted with the applications (i.e. house contract, bank slips, etc..)

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:41 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jamal_013
Newly Registered

Post by Jamal_013 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Hey vinny,

Thanks allot for your reply, I have read the documents but still have some question in mind that you possibly could help me answer.

1. My wife got her eea fp in jan-2013, when will it be best to apply for the EEA1 for my self and EEA2 for her?
2. I am a student, finishing uni in may, but officially graduating in november 2013, and since the EEA2/EEA1 can take up to 6 months, will it be all right to apply for it as a student?
3. having read some threads here and there, i understand that as a student you need to have a medical insurance (CSI), But is that only for the EEA-national or must it cover my wife also (non-EEA national)?
4. or shall i apply for it as a EMPLOYED, since I have a part-time job ( but will part-time employment be enough??)
5. What documents (proof) needs to be send with the EEA1/2 application?

P.S. not related to other question, but I would greatly appreaciate if anyone could help me with this question: How can I obtain a National insurance number (NiNo) for my wife, I have on behalf of my wife tried to apply for jobs online, but I dont get any reply. so how do I obtain this NiNO ?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 pm

EEA1 application is not a legal requirement, you can choose to apply for it and not apply for it. You will be fine without it. EEA2 is the residence card application for your wife.

How many hours do you work part time? that will depend if your part time work will be sufficient to make an EEA2 application. It is much easier when one is a worker.

The CSI should cover you and your spouse as you will be the one sponsoring her.

Your wife can obtain NI with the EEA family permit.

Jamal_013
Newly Registered

Post by Jamal_013 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:09 pm

frei wrote:EEA1 application is not a legal requirement, you can choose to apply for it and not apply for it. You will be fine without it. EEA2 is the residence card application for your wife.

How many hours do you work part time? that will depend if your part time work will be sufficient to make an EEA2 application. It is much easier when one is a worker.

The CSI should cover you and your spouse as you will be the one sponsoring her.

Your wife can obtain NI with the EEA family permit.
Hey frei, thanks allot for your reply. I work 16 hours per week, do you think that this will be sufficient in order to make and eea2 application?

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

I do not think 16 hours work is enough, minimum of 20 hours a week will be sufficient.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:57 pm

16 hours is enough

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:39 am

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Just go ahead and apply EEA2 for your non-eea partner based on your 16 hours working and that should not be a problem as long as your "employment is a genuine and effective activity for remuneration".
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Jamal_013
Newly Registered

Post by Jamal_013 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:10 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Just go ahead and apply EEA2 for your non-eea partner based on your 16 hours working and that should not be a problem as long as your "employment is a genuine and effective activity for remuneration".
hi,

thank you for your reply. I am confused now, because some people are saying that 16 hours is not sufficient and some say it is. :(

another question, that i hope you guys can help me with: is my wife entitled to free education (ESOL course), because according to our local adult learning service, individuals coming to the UK from outside the EU countries must be in the UK for 1 year, before they are eligible for admission, even if you want to pay for the course fees?.

thanks

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:36 pm

If admission onto the ESOL course requires someone to have been ordinarily domiciled, then she might have to meet that requirement before she can be admitted.

Your spouse can apply with your 16 hrs employment.

Jamal_013
Newly Registered

Post by Jamal_013 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 pm

frei wrote:If admission onto the ESOL course requires someone to have been ordinarily domiciled, then she might have to meet that requirement before she can be admitted.

Your spouse can apply with your 16 hrs employment.
Hi,

Yeah, thats correct, but what does the law says regarding the family member (spouse) of a EEA national, are they eligible to free education on entry, or do they have to wait a year before admission onto such courses?