ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retained right of residence. Should I submit my passport?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BOYZ2MEN
Newly Registered

Retained right of residence. Should I submit my passport?

Post by BOYZ2MEN » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 am

Hello everyone, I needed urgent help. I am a non EU national. I have lived in the UK with my EEA national wife for more than a year and we were married for more than 3 years. Our divorce has been finalize and I received the decree absolute few days ago. My first question is, how soon can I apply for RoR?

Secondly, I want to make an application for RoR as soon possible, but I will need my passport for interview for Bsc(hons) in Nursing, NHS bursary application and school registration. All these processes will last between next week and late August. Can I make an application for RoR without passport? Or do you guys think they will accept my application without my passport included?

ravii

Post by ravii » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:01 pm

1:as soon as possible
2:you need to provide any form of I d,i.e passport.best advice for you,sent your passport and then request back it.
Best regards

BOYZ2MEN
Newly Registered

Post by BOYZ2MEN » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:06 pm

ravii wrote:1:as soon as possible
2:you need to provide any form of I d,i.e passport.best advice for you,sent your passport and then request back it.
Thank you very much for your advice. One more question. Will requesting it back affect my application?

ravii

Post by ravii » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:16 pm

No.write a request letter with explanations.
Best regards