ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice how can I call my nephew to UK to visit me

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vndpag

Need advice how can I call my nephew to UK to visit me

Post by vndpag » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Gurus and Members I am holding resident card ( EEA family member) currently living in London with my wife and we both are working full time.
I would like to invite my sister son (nephew) he is 15 years old to see London and he his so crazy about to see live football match and he his big fan of football now my question is how can I invite him for 20 days on school holidays in April. I checked UKBA website for family visit and visitor visa I could not find any route to bring him here for short time and as rules for EEA family members are different then UK immigration which I am not fit into the category. I dont have permanant residency nor my wife has permanant residecy but my wife is EEA citizen and I am depend on her.

Hope is my question is clear kindly advice me how I can apply for him. your guidence and information will appreciate thank you to all who is reading my post

Regards,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Automatic entitlement to EU free movement does not extend beyond the nuclear family unless there is dependency on the EU national for essential needs. I would assume that your nephew is not living on your benevolence and so he would need to apply for a UK child visit visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/

Naturally, in the case of an unaccompanied minor, the maintenance and welfare requirements are strict and onerous.

vndpag

How can I invite my nephew child visitor visa ? please help

Post by vndpag » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi Lukapooka Thank you for your reply I gone through the site but I am not fit in to the category because I am not permanent resident in UK nor my EEA wife so please advice me which form he need to use in order to visit for 20 days in UK. please have a look below what I found on website VAF B form
You should only complete this form if your main reason for visiting the UK is to see one of the family members listed below and
they are permanently settled in the UK.
• Spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
• Grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
• Spouse’s or civil partner’s father, mother, brother or sister;
• Son or daughter’s spouse or civil partner;
• Stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
• Unmarried partner with whom you have lived as a couple for at least two of the last three years.
If you are visiting any relatives not listed above OR if they are not permanently settled in the UK you must not complete this form.
so I belive they need permanant resident for visiting family member to UK or kindly advice me if any other route invite him for his holidays in London thank you and hoping to hear from members of the forum

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:35 pm

I've already posted a link to the correct visa category (it's there in blue type). Follow the links to VAF1A. However, if the child is in a country where on-line applications are mandatory, the electronic version of that form will be generated by the visa4UK site.

You and your partner are not settled so don't qualify to sponsor a family visitor. It has to be a general visit in the child category.

Not that it matters; the only real advantage of family visit status is the opportunity of appeal rights. Otherwise, the actual requirements from the sponsor and applicant are exactly the same.

vndpag

Thank you Lucapooka

Post by vndpag » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi Lucapooka thank you for your reply I will go through the form VAF1a and will see what will be result and as you said visa4UK is online visa application is better i will go through as well once again thank you for your valuable support

regards,
EEA Family Member