ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eswarpr
Newly Registered

ILR Success - Croydon PEO

Post by eswarpr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 pm

I have been a "lurker" of these boards from the day I started planning for my PR application.

I am happy to let you all know that I have received my approval today. I went for a premium one day application at Croydon PEO. Here are some details if it will help others:

Previous status: WP + Tier 2 (ICT) + Tier 2 (ICT) LTS
Appointment date: 18/02/2013
Appointment time: 10:30 AM
Additional details: Used an agent, applied with my wife as a dependant

Documents:
Passports, existing BRP cards
Letter from employer
3 months payslips
5 years P60s
3 months bank statements
3 years council tax statements (co-habitation documents)
8 months bank statements spanning 2 years (dependant co-habitation documents)

Story:
10:30 AM enter PEO
10:45 AM token provided
10:50 AM payment taken
11:50 AM biometric enrolment
2:40 PM notified that our biometric check result has not yet arrived. May need to re-input the data.
3:30 PM notified that it is OK
3:40 PM confirmation and final signature
4:00 PM exit PEO

Experience:
The staff were courteous, except for the lady who took our payment who somehow seemed a bit peeved at something. I was surprised to hear apologies for the delay in biometric processing.

Current mood:
Relieved and relaxed. Looking forward to my future.

Although I have been a silent spectator, I gleaned a lot of important information from here. If anyone has any specific question please let me know and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:44 pm

hi mate

how long ur wife was dependent and which forum you used for your wife thanks n congrats

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Looks a straight forward application. Why use an Agent?? All the documents you have submitted were asked for specifically or not??

Post by 2013 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:51 pm

1. Is there any advantage of taking agent ? Has he made any difference to your case?

2. P 60 was asked by caseworker ?

eswarpr
Newly Registered

Post by eswarpr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:51 pm

hotmale wrote:hi mate

how long ur wife was dependent and which forum you used for your wife thanks n congrats
Thanks. She has been with me for the full 5 years I was here

eswarpr
Newly Registered

Post by eswarpr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Looks a straight forward application. Why use an Agent?? All the documents you have submitted were asked for specifically or not??
Thanks. Not necessary, but it was the hassle and not enough free time in my hand that made me think of going to an agent.

eswarpr
Newly Registered

Post by eswarpr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

2013 wrote:1. Is there any advantage of taking agent ? Has he made any difference to your case?

2. P 60 was asked by caseworker ?
1. Not necessary, like I said earlier.

2. No, we just submitted it with the application

ilrseekerlondon

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:45 pm

congrats mate..how many absences did u have and did u have any absence grater than 90 days at a stretch

eswarpr
Newly Registered

Post by eswarpr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:26 pm

ilrseekerlondon wrote:congrats mate..how many absences did u have and did u have any absence grater than 90 days at a stretch
No, it was probably less than 50. At the same time, I didn't have to supply any flight stubs or e-tickets though.

aarnav

Post by aarnav » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 pm

HI Eswar

I also have almost same case

WP ( ICT) 2 years + Tier 2 ( ICT) -PBS+Tier 2 ( ICT) LTS

I assume i am also eligible??

But just confused with this guidance ?? as it says spent time as work permit recently

You may grant ILR if the applicant:
 has spent a continuous period of five years here either as:
o a work permit holder throughout that period, or
o a work permit holder most recently combined with previous permission as a work permit holder, highly skilled migrant, self-employed lawyer, or as a writer, composer or artist
 is still required for the same employment as certified by their employer
 the employer certifies they are paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors published by the UK Border Ageny

Thanks

Rgds

Aarnav

eswarpr
Newly Registered

Post by eswarpr » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:03 am

aarnav wrote:HI Eswar

But just confused with this guidance ?? as it says spent time as work permit recently

o a work permit holder most recently combined with previous permission as a work permit holder, highly skilled migrant, self-employed lawyer, or as a writer, composer or artist
 the employer certifies they are paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors published by the UK Border Ageny

Thanks

Rgds

Aarnav
Hi Aarnav,

The guiding principle these days seems to be:

1. You should have switched to Tier 2 ICT before June 2010
2. You should be paid a minimum of 35,000 or a salary according SOC code whichever is higher

At least that is what our agent and the UKBA told us. Please ensure you consult anyone who knows, read through the various threads on this forum and use due diligence where necessary rather than just trust my words on this.

Eswar

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 am

congrats mate. I had very similar experience at Croydon, biometric results were late and had to wait a long long time. I was very surprised when the case worked apologized for delay too :)

aarnav

Post by aarnav » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 am

[quote="eswarpr"][quote="aarnav"]HI Eswar

Thanks

Rgds

Aarnav[/quote]

Hi Aarnav,

The guiding principle these days seems to be:

1. You should have switched to Tier 2 ICT before June 2010
2. You should be paid a minimum of 35,000 or a salary according SOC code whichever is higher

At least that is what our agent and the UKBA told us. Please ensure you consult anyone who knows, read through the various threads on this forum and use due diligence where necessary rather than just trust my words on this.

Eswar[/quote]

Thanks Eswar

Rgds

Aarnav

technoguy

Post by technoguy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Hello Eswar,

Did you got a letter for absentees from the employer? Or provided something yourself. I have a similar case and none of the absentees more than 90 days and more than 180 total in 5 years. I inquired a agent and i have been told i don't need to provide a proof as it is less than 180. But immigration directorate advise seems to be to provide details of each absence outside uk for a Tier 2 case.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Employer's Letter date, how recent was it?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:21 pm

technoguy wrote:Hello Eswar,

Did you got a letter for absentees from the employer? Or provided something yourself. I have a similar case and none of the absentees more than 90 days and more than 180 total in 5 years. I inquired a agent and i have been told i don't need to provide a proof as it is less than 180. But immigration directorate advise seems to be to provide details of each absence outside uk for a Tier 2 case.
If you are on tier 2/work permit, letter of absences from the employer is a mandatory requirement even though they were less than 180 days in a 5 year period

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Thank You for the Informative reply.

mprmani
Newly Registered

Post by mprmani » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Eswar,

I am planning to apply my ILR via Immigration lawyer because my visa is Tier 2 ICT. So how much assurance we can expect from the lawyer and how do you know they have booked PEO appointment.

goga11
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success - Croydon PEO

Post by goga11 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:15 pm

I don't remember being asked for any signature... can you update what did they ask you to sign for ?

also the letter given at end of process was just a standard biometric letter...it didn't have any text to say that ILR has been granted... was that your case as well. thanks in advance for trouble
eswarpr wrote:I have been a "lurker" of these boards from the day I started planning for my PR application.

I am happy to let you all know that I have received my approval today. I went for a premium one day application at Croydon PEO. Here are some details if it will help others:

Previous status: WP + Tier 2 (ICT) + Tier 2 (ICT) LTS
Appointment date: 18/02/2013
Appointment time: 10:30 AM
Additional details: Used an agent, applied with my wife as a dependant

Documents:
Passports, existing BRP cards
Letter from employer
3 months payslips
5 years P60s
3 months bank statements
3 years council tax statements (co-habitation documents)
8 months bank statements spanning 2 years (dependant co-habitation documents)

Story:
10:30 AM enter PEO
10:45 AM token provided
10:50 AM payment taken
11:50 AM biometric enrolment
2:40 PM notified that our biometric check result has not yet arrived. May need to re-input the data.
3:30 PM notified that it is OK
3:40 PM confirmation and final signature
4:00 PM exit PEO

Experience:
The staff were courteous, except for the lady who took our payment who somehow seemed a bit peeved at something. I was surprised to hear apologies for the delay in biometric processing.

Current mood:
Relieved and relaxed. Looking forward to my future.

Although I have been a silent spectator, I gleaned a lot of important information from here. If anyone has any specific question please let me know and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.